Rose newbie looking for a great climber!
I'm so, so excited to be getting started with roses. I didn't want to plant them at my last house because I knew I wouldn't be living there long, but two years turned into four years...and then it took our house a while to sell...
Now, I'm finally settled in South Carolina, the upstate area (zone 7a/8b). I am ready to start planting climbing roses!
* West-facing wall
* Partial shade
* Clay soil (that I will amend before planting!)
* Looking for pink, pale yellow, or any color that you think might look good against brick with white trim, next to white azaleas
* Would love a STRONG fragrance, if possible!
* Climb Height - 8 - 12 feet
* Prefer an "easier" rose for a rose newbie
* A rose with canes that are 'easier' to train
I would love any suggestions. If there wasn't so much "white" already (carport sided with white trellis right next to brick wall, what trim on bank of windows over the brick wall, etc.) I would go for Iceberg...have heard good things about it.
Also...advice for what nursery to order from?