Looking for evergreen, 6-8' tall and 4' wide

athenainwiJune 7, 2010

I'd like to find an evergreen to anchor my border. It is fairly narrow between my house and the neighbors. It gets mostly morning to early afternoon sun. I've got a couple of full sun plants nearby (roses, tomatoes) that do fine there. The soil retains water well there (clay and no hot afternoon sun). My ideal plant would be a bluish evergreen about 6-8 feet tall and about 4 to 6 feet wide. I was thinking of a blue spruce, but I would need a small one and it really can't get too wide (6 feet means my husband curses me when he mows). Would 'Blue Globe' be appropriate? It was the only one I saw at the nursery that fit my requirements.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
WendyB(5A/MA)

Blue Globe will never (?) get tall enough. Mine is 5 years old and not even 3' tall.

In the post on Proven Winner shrubs, I saw a "new" pyramidal version of a Chamacyperis psifira, that looks like it might fit the bill.

Bookmark   June 8, 2010 at 9:51AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
WendyB(5A/MA)

Blue Globe will never (?) get tall enough. Mine is 5 years old and not even 3' tall.

In the post on Proven Winner shrubs, I saw a "new" pyramidal version of a Chamacyperis psifira, that looks like it might fit the bill.

Bookmark   June 8, 2010 at 10:12AM
More Discussions
What variety of evergreen is this? Pic included
Moved into my house 2.5 years ago. I'd like to possibly...
stlmom77
Does anyone know what kind of shrub this is?
Landscaper planted it calling it silver green, but...
pebbles81
Unknown evergreen shrub
Hello experts! Do you know what this evergreen shrub...
kevinako
Will my new witch hazel bloom at this time every year?
Last May I planted a little 3 foot witch hazel from...
olreader
Recs For Underused Ornamental Shrubs
Can you share some that you'd think would be planted...
catkin
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™