use this pond vac?

vieja_gw(z7NM)October 27, 2010

I wonder if any one has purchased & used the MuckVac advertised to clean your pond? It uses a garden hose attached to the vac & sends the debris & water back on to the lawn. I need a vac that will clean a small 250 gal. pre-form pond & that will suck the debris & water OUT of the pond... NOT back into it after going through a net filter like one I bought. The water went back into the pond & stirred up the sediment something awful & soon over-flowed the pond! Tossed that useless thing! Tried attaching a tube so the water would go out of the pond but then the suction wouldn't work unless the return tube was IN the pond water!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
MaeT(z5 NL, Canada)

I've also been considering buying a small shop vac and attaching a hose to the shop vac for the water to drain away. Either way with the shop vac or the muck vac you will have to replace water thats being sucked out of the pond.

Bookmark   October 28, 2010 at 5:16PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jr2010

A good muc vac needs to filter the water as it returns to the pond a cheap doesn't filter well with just a net. There are lots of pond vac in many price ranges out there. Amozon has a big selection.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pond Vaccums at Amozon

Bookmark   October 28, 2010 at 9:07PM
More Discussions
Container water gardening step X step
Here's a weekend project for anyone that wants to add...
thepondfather
New 50g pond in SE FL...fish & plant suggestions?
Hi, My SO just installed a new in-ground pond in our...
sumognat
New container water garden/fish pond
Hi everyone! We have wanted to create a water garden/fish...
Houndmom
Waterlilies won't grow, leaves are small and curled
Hi all, I have waterlillies that until a year ago was...
reneek
Hardiest Nelumbo?
Any idea if there is one variety of Asian Nelumbo that's...
fireweed22
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™