Envirohold for mulch. What is going on out there?

Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL(8B AL)January 21, 2014

Have you heard of this? A discussion in FL forum brought it to my attention. I guess this is one of the products in that huge display of concoctions at any BBS with a plant/garden section.

It's not that I think enough people will start spraying this particular product to cause a specific problem (though nobody seems to have any facts they're willing to share about this) but I just don't understand the mindset at all. When I wanted to have beautiful gardens, I started investigating how to arrive at that point. At no point during my investigation did I find anything that indicated any store-bought 'stuff in a package' would or could be better than trying to understand what occurs naturally and emulate that. The fact that no gardening products existed until modern times is all the proof I've ever needed to be convinced I don't need any.

Have you seen anyone using this 'out there?'

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
toxcrusadr(Zone 6a - MO)

Geez, no. Gluing mulch together so it doesn't blow away? Sounds like a product for people who want a picture perfect landscape more than they want a healthy natural garden. I would have no use for it. Funny responses in that thread - although I just read a few.

Bookmark   January 22, 2014 at 1:49PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Kimmsr(4a/5b-MI)

There are, and will, always be people that will fall for any "new", "great" product that appears whether it serves and useful purpose or not. While this stuff "locks" mulch in place does it also prevent air and water infiltration through that mulch?

Bookmark   January 23, 2014 at 6:48AM
More Discussions
Hapi-gro 100% Organic Compost
Can I plant straight into this?
Elbourne
Can I use Miracle Gro Garden Soil by itself ?
I just bought Miracle Gro Garden Soil with some bags...
maximus2015
rescuing a defunct flower bed
We bought our house a year ago and now want to replant...
chelsea_bridges64
Composting gone cold
I've been composting for decades, but this winter,...
apg4
starting a new nursery/retail landscape supply business
lots of good reading here. I am looking at starting...
tmo224u
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™