What is this plant with white flowers?

Hari900October 14, 2013

Can someone identify this plant for me please. It grows in the shade under some trees.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
CaraRose

Japanese Anemone

Bookmark   October 14, 2013 at 8:54AM
Hari900

Thank you very much CaraRose. Now I can figure out how to grow this in our garden.

Bookmark   October 14, 2013 at 1:49PM
florauk(8/9)

There are quite a few discussions of these over on Perennials. They are incredibly tough.

Here is a link that might be useful: Honorine Jobert

Bookmark   October 14, 2013 at 4:41PM
Hari900

Thanks for the link florauk. Very informative discussion. I just planted a little plantlet (that I pulled out from some shaded area under a tree in the wild) in a pot. It had just a little bit of roots. Hopefully enough for it to get a foothold. After reading in the Honorie Jobert discussion that it might be a bit invasive I am thinking of keeping it pot bound rather than transplanting it in the ground later.

Bookmark   October 14, 2013 at 7:40PM
florauk(8/9)

Hari900 - it isn't a wild plant in the US so presumably the bit you found was a garden escape or throw out. Maybe someone found it a bit too much for them. It is perfectly well behaved in my garden. It is not going to be happy for long in a pot though.

Bookmark   October 15, 2013 at 1:13PM
Hari900

I might give it some time in the pot until spring and maybe find a spot under a tree in April or May. It is too weak to go in the ground right now. Thanks florauk.

Bookmark   October 15, 2013 at 9:26PM
More Discussions
please name this plant
Didn't know this plant.please name it. Thanks in advance...
Tabi77
No clue...new growth seems to look pinkish
I have a friend wanting to know what this plant is...to...
cadillactaste
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™