pond liner

plantbugDecember 18, 2012

I have searched for some info but couldn't come up with anything. Maybe not using the right words?

I have a king size waterbed mattress that I could use for a small pond liner, if that would work? Anyone have any experience with this type of pond liner? I did see where using old carpet for underneath the liner would help with rocks.

Any suggestions?

plantbug

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
garyfla_gw(10 Florida)

Hi
You probably could but wouldn't it be rather small??
What did you intend to keep and what depth?? gary

Bookmark   December 20, 2012 at 5:38AM
plantbug

Gary, I was thinking to use it for fish but after your comment it might not be deep enough? Would a rain garden work? I do want it to be small, the mattress is apx 7' x 5.5' and was hoping it would work.

Thanks for making me think! plantbug

Bookmark   December 20, 2012 at 10:11AM
garyfla_gw(10 Florida)

Hi
If you want a small pond think I'd skip the fish and go for a marsh ,bog rain garden type setup concentrating on the various types of plants In your area a good choice might be the various types of carniverous plants that not only need a wet situation would opppreciate your winter temps . For a little more depth emergent swamp type plants ,a gazillion to choose from. For true aquatics you generally need at least 2 feet ,as most of these types need to float also allows them to cope with winter. This would be the situation for smaller fish .
Oviously the size of the liner would dictate the size of the pool and the choices of types of plants/ fish.
Sounds like you're thinking wet area not necessarily a pool. Given any thought to filtration, water features circulation?? Check around at the gazillions of approaches water gardening will help clarify more precisely what you want?? gary

Bookmark   December 21, 2012 at 3:02AM
sleeplessinftwayne(z4-5 IND)

I would wonder about UV resistance if you used the water bed mattress.

Bookmark   December 24, 2012 at 3:19PM
More Discussions
How To Get Rid of Pond Vegetation
I had a small pond deepened and it is great except...
alameda/zone 8
Black Magic Elephant ear plant
for the first time I have two balck magic elephant...
sandyl
Tropical marginals dormancy
Two months ago I planted an Umbrella Palm and a Papyrus...
thepondfather
New container water garden/fish pond
Hi everyone! We have wanted to create a water garden/fish...
Houndmom
Spring is slowly getting here
It is 71 degrees outside and all the ice has melted...
frankielynnsie
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™