Identify this Sedum?

srosso(z6 NY)October 12, 2009

Spotted in Zone 6 on this past Sunday, October 11: a beautiful sedum growing like ground cover on a slope. the autumn foliage is a gorgeous rosy orange. what i believe was the summer flowers is now dark brown spiky clusters.

i was told it may be Sedum Selskianum Goldilocks, but the only images i have found on the internet are from spring/summer with the yellow flowers -- and so it does not look at all familiar now.

i would like to find out what it is ASAP so I can plant in October. unfortunately, my pictures are too large to load here. thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada

There are quite a few mat forming sedums with red or pink flowers besides yellow, some of them are listed in the link below, maybe one of these will match the one you saw.

Here is a link that might be useful: Paghats Garden

Bookmark   October 12, 2009 at 12:46PM
srosso(z6 NY)

thank you aftermidnight, but i fear i have confused the issue. i am looking for the name of a sedum with yellow flowers (according to the gardener who was present), but i have seen it just yesterday without it's yellow flowers (only with autumn foliage).

therefore, when i search the internet and see tons of yellow flowering sedum, i have no way of knowing which one it is, since i never saw the flowers myself in the summer.

what i did see was beautiful rosy orange leaves and spiky brown clusters (which she said were the former flowers). it covered a slope like a ground cover.

i wish i could post a picture, but my images (jpeg) are too big, even if i save them to a zip folder. any suggetions along those lines? i can post now if i can figure out how to do it. thanks again, very much.

sherry

Bookmark   October 12, 2009 at 1:57PM
aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada

Sherry, here's another site maybe you can match with one here. I'm sure someone here can tell you how to resize your pictures, I have yet to learn that myself.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sedums

Bookmark   October 12, 2009 at 4:27PM
More Discussions
help id plant please
can anyone id these plants please, they have been coming...
grice38
Late-blooming aster in a Colorado canyon
I shot this in late September in Cache la Poudre Canyon,...
Joe_Pye
Rosemary exact species name please (Qatar)
Hi Guys Can you please name the exact species of this...
maufie123
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™