Rose's on multiflora rootstock

ken-n.ga.mts(7a/7b)March 19, 2013

I've been watching the rose forms for quite a while and have noticed that folks that grow their rose's on multiflora seem to be stuck on just a couple of nurseries. Most out of Canada. I haven't seen anyone say anything about "Wisconsin Rose's". I don't grow many roses on multiflora but I got a few from Steve a few years ago and they have been great. I might get a few more this year. He has some roses I'd like to try out and see if I like the bush and blooms. Check their web site out. You may find something you like.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
diane_nj 6b/7a

I love Steve Singer's roses, but I only recommend Wisconsin Roses for rose growers with a little more experience (and a lot of patience). Although Steve's instructions are clear, I think that a newbie might be a little overwhelmed. Steve sells newly-budded maiden roses, and require a little more work to get them started. But, you're right, if someone wants great hybrid teas (Steve has some minis and floribundas too), and you can grow on R. multiflora rootstock, then check out Wisconsin Roses.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wisconsin Roses

Bookmark   March 19, 2013 at 10:43PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
TNY78(7a-East TN)

Ken I have ordered from Steve and his roses are WONDERFUL! Plus, I get a kick out of cutting the top off the multiflora plant! :) I mainly grow OGRs, ployanthas, and hybrid musks and Steve generally sells exibition type roses. I would LOVE it if another US seller, or Steve, would offer more varieties with multiflora rootstock. Maybe someone will catch on that theres a need for it since it seems the Canadian sellers are having issues importing.

Tammy

Bookmark   March 19, 2013 at 11:56PM
More Discussions
double yellow Lady Banksia
I was wondering if anyone had much experience with...
kaesgarden
Some of the funniest posts from the past.
Does anyone who's is good with computers know how to...
Patty W. zone 5a Illinois
Question for celeste
I was reading some old posts of yours and seen that...
mooseymommy1
Iceberg vs. Pope John Paul II
I am considering placing white roses near the entry...
Desertgarden- Las Vegas, Z8b @ 2800 ft.
Small blooms on Marie van Houtte
I'm in Houston and we've had a very wet spring, lots...
humble5
Sponsored Products
Tetonia Runner 2'3" x 8' - ROSE
$529.00 | Horchow
Safavieh Handmade Soho Roses Chocolate New Zealand Wool Rug (2'6 x 10')
Overstock.com
Seda France Toile Petite Ceramic Candle
$34.50 | FRONTGATE
Adore Red Wallpaper R1798, sample
Walls Republic
Scent Elements Diffuser - Earth by Tom Dixon
$115.00 | Lumens
DENY Designs Leah Flores Bloom Outdoor Throw Pillow - 15384-OTHRP18
$49.00 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™