Illinois : MARCH 10 Lily Society Talk in Joliet

linnea56(z5 IL)March 8, 2013

Joliet's Barber and Oberwartmann Horticulture Center will host our third free public session, "How To Put Glam in Your Garden With Lilies," at 1.30 PM, Sunday, March 10 at 227 N. Gougar Road, Joliet.

It will be followed by a lily bulb sale the next weekend from 8.00 AM to 2.00 PM on Sunday, March 17 as part of the Oberwartmann's Spring Garden Day.

The Lily Society's bulb sale offers those attending Oberwartmann's March 17 Garden Day a chance to buy a wide variety of lily bulbs at modest prices, including many left over from our Fall, 2012 Sale at the Chicago Botanic Garden.

Those attending will have the chance to buy an assortment of lilies give them blooms all summer long. Written instructions will be available, and experts will be at the sale to answer questions.

Please âÂÂLikeâ the Lily SocietyâÂÂs new Facebook page, to receive further updates on events. Type âÂÂWisconsin Illinois Lily Societyâ into the search box

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5

who is Lily Society?? what a peculiar name ... and what did she talk about ... herself i suppose.. lol ...

how did it all go..

do your GW posts actually get in anyone 'new'??

ken

Bookmark   March 11, 2013 at 9:00AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
linnea56(z5 IL)

IâÂÂm not sure! I was drafted this winter to be the media personâ¦.without really knowing what I can do that would not eat up all my time. I started the Lily Society Facebook page, but apart from that, the only thing I know to do is put notices on GW.

I do know a couple of people who live further away came to the fall bulb sale because they saw the listing I posted on GW last fall. They told the pres., which is probably why I got drafted.

Someone did join at the previous meetingâ¦but I donâÂÂt know how he heard about it; he didnâÂÂt say.

Lily is one obsessive gardener, and a real prima donna. But she is so lovely, and fits in so well, she can be forgiven. IâÂÂd like to think it was named after my aunt, who really was named Lily.

I will try to bump the notices down after they occur, but I had a class yesterday, got home late, and forgot.

Bookmark   March 11, 2013 at 11:41AM
More Discussions
What plant are you anxiously awaiting the return of in the spring?
Well, maybe not *anxiously* awaiting but awaiting nevertheless. For...
mxk3
Tall Verbena
Having finally put a name to the lanky 3' tall plant...
AnneCecilia z5 MI
Achillea sun requirements
I planted a couple of these last year and they were...
DandyLioness (CA 9, SZ 14)
hhibiscus propagation
how much time it takes for rooting airlayering of Hibiscus...
prasadmbd
Mason Bees)
Does anyone here encourage Mason Bees to stick around...
mikerno_1micha
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™