Snow blowers

jetson53January 29, 2010

My Ariens snow thrower has 12 volt electric starter, battery, and electrically controlled discharge chute. While blowing, chute speed slowed then stopped. Turned off blower and starter motor continued to turn?? Tapped motor with hammer and motor stopped. Would not re-start until cooled down. This continues to happen and chute will not turn when electric start does not work. All will work occasionally?? Any suggestions??

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
zoulas

**While blowing, chute speed slowed then stopped.** What does this mean??

**Turned off blower and starter motor continued to turn?? ** You put the key to the stop position and then the machine attempted to start itself?

**Tapped motor with hammer and motor stopped.** Which motor? The main motor or the one that turns the chute? I cannot imaging tapping the main motor with a hammer will cause it to stop running.

The Ariens snow throwers with elctric chute operation had a probelm with the electric motor operating the chute. Water would get into the motor and cause it to malfunction. Tapping this motor may cause it to run angain temprarily. They have redesigned the motor and sealed it better from the elements. If you are still within the warranty or close to it, they will send you one for free as its a factory defect.

I hope I answered what I think you were asking.

Bookmark   January 29, 2010 at 10:07AM
More Discussions
Any Good Electric Brushcutter?
I have a small area, my lot is just 1/2ac and less...
InFlux
Craftsman Snowblower Recall
Did anyone else receive a recall notice in the mail...
pjrsjr
honda snowblower problem
i have a honda 928 snowblower... good machine, but...
rudall
troy bilt horse question
Went to check the transmission fluid today and noticed...
snuffyinatl
Predator 212cc Engine, Harbor Freight FYI
Hi Folks, Been thinking of getting one of these for...
exmar
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™