Sears Craftsman Garage Door Opener Issue

bpopilekJanuary 27, 2010

I have a Sears Garage Door opener, model 139.53662SRT2. The problem is that I can only get one remote control to work at a time with it. I go through the reprogramming process, but at the end only one of them will still work, usually the last one I programmed. I have tried both factory controllers and an outdoor 3rd party keypad with this opener. And while all 3 devices are fully functional, and each of them will control the opener once programmed, I can only use 1 at a time. It seems like the opener is not saving the unique ID of each controller, or it deletes the previous one as I add a new one. Any ideas on how to fix this, or what could be causing it? Your help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

One of your remotes has reverted to an earlier technology. (manufacturers explanation) What you need to do is purchase a new remote. Make sure it is the exact same model number as your original remotes or guaranteed compatible. Then you will find you can program it and one of the old remotes. A process of elimination will show you which is the bad remote. Remove the batteries and toss it so you don't have problems with it in the future.

Bookmark   January 27, 2010 at 12:09PM
bpopilek

I'm not quite sure I understand. Both of the remotes came with this unit new. The outdoor keypad, I just recently purchased in hopes of using because I couldn't get both the factory remotes to work at the same time. Since the keypad is new, shouldn't that have resolved any programming issues? Sorry if I am misunderstanding you. Thanks for the reply!

Bookmark   January 28, 2010 at 11:49PM
don_1_2006

What makes it difficult to understand is that they still work but won't work with one another. Trust me, buy a new remote and you will find you now have two that will work together. Throw the other one away.

Bookmark   January 29, 2010 at 4:35PM
rdaystrom

Throw the whole Craftsman opener away and get a Genie.... or keep the Craftsman and come back here to repair the thing about 2 dozen times...then you will chunk the thing.

Bookmark   January 30, 2010 at 4:52PM
More Discussions
2-cycle engine troubleshooting
My 2-cycle blower cannot be started. There is a hot...
slim50
Predator 212cc Engine, Harbor Freight FYI
Hi Folks, Been thinking of getting one of these for...
exmar
Testing the new format X allowing multiple attachments.
I am back to two Lexan chain guides due to a chain...
loger_gw
Sears air compressor engine won't run when plugged in
Sears Paint Sprayer/Air Compressor Model No. 106.153542...
Cletus77
Electric shredder motor will switch on but won't spin the blades
Hello, I have an electric garden shredder that will...
Lindsay Durdle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™