Troy Bilt Pressure Washer Question

bankerjohn(8 NC)January 13, 2013

I just bought a used Troy Bilt pressure washer and downloaded the Owner's Manual from the internet ... but there are no instructions on the use of the "Pressure Control Knob". Based solely on it's name, it undoubtedly controls (+ or -) the output pressure ... but any information on when or how it may or should be used is nowhere to be found!

The washer is rated at 3,700 psi and 4 gpm with a 13hp Honda motor ... so it's pretty powerful. And I don't want to cut a hole in my vinyl siding!!

Anybody able to educate me?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gator_rider2(z8 Ga.)

A pressure normal come in 1600 2500 4000 psi ranges for you Vinyl 1600. Cleaning harder 2500 taking paint off steel and cleaning steel along with having longer reach from end nozzle 4,000 psi.

In link below it help first time users as well one you have the distance from nozzle to surface to be clean is very important so want cause damage but get job done Every day use one you learn something new.

Here is a link that might be useful: Scroll to page 10

Bookmark   January 13, 2013 at 6:34PM
tom_nwnj(z6 NJ)

If your siding is green, you might need to spray some very diluted clorox on first, with a pump sprayer. Have always heard never put clorox in a power washer.

Bookmark   January 18, 2013 at 4:49AM
baymee(LehighValleyPA)

It looks like something that would control the volume of the water. Why not make a note of its current position and open and close it with the wand hand valve fully open and spraying.

Bookmark   January 19, 2013 at 7:16AM
More Discussions
Stihl Chainsaw - starts but won't run
My trusty (10 yr) old Stihl 16" chainsaw is starting...
uberfusion
McCullough Pro Mac 700 has to be a professional grade saw vs a Home?
Servicing/Starting my Neighbor’s McCullough Pro Mac...
loger_gw
cultivator or tiller or both
In the past I've manually tilled and cultivated my...
Bushwhacker Blood
Deep Spader
Has anyone used a deep spader? How did you like it?...
svachon
Waterproofing a basement
I get water in my basement just about every spring...
huskymaniacny
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™