Noma Snowblower Auger Cable

mcamp44January 1, 2010

Bought this snowblower used, it was supposed to be tuned up and ready to go. Used it for the first time, it worked great for about 20 minutes, and then a cable snapped and the auger will no longer turn-we have the end of the cable that snapped, found it in the snow. The engine runs fine, the machine still self-propels and all that, but the auger does not turn. The cable that snapped runs into the box below the engine, and was attached via the auger engage lever on the right hand side of the machine. There are actually two cables on this side, one from the auger lever (this cable is fine), and a second cable with a small loop on the end that attaches to the first one and runs into the box. There were no manuals that came with the machine, and we can't find a corresponding model number on the murray website. The model is Noma NS927DEL.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
canguy(British Columbia)

You won't find it on the Murray website, it is too old. I should know the part number by heart, we have sold enough of those cables. I can get it for you Monday.

Bookmark   January 1, 2010 at 12:49PM
mcamp44

That would be great-thanks! Do you know of a website or ? where we can get a schematic to figure out how to put the thing back in? I've been on the web for a couple of hours now trying to track down a manual and haven't found a single thing.

Bookmark   January 1, 2010 at 12:56PM
canguy(British Columbia)

Noma was gone before PC's and websites existed.Murray took them over, they in turn were absorbed by Briggs and Stratton around ten years ago.

Bookmark   January 1, 2010 at 3:12PM
canguy(British Columbia)

Part number is 579856MA which is still available.

Bookmark   January 4, 2010 at 9:23PM
More Discussions
Harbor Freight small utility tralier question
I just purchased this harbor freight trailer. http://www.harborfreight.com/1090-lb-capacity-40-1-2-half-inch-x-48-inch-mini-utility-trailer-with-12-inch-four-lug-wheels-and-tires-90153.html I...
rlmunsey
Temperature alarm app for Android?
I am wondering if anyone knows of an Android app that...
armbarangel
Are you finding Insert Pic Attachments to work as printed on this Site
Are you finding Insert Pic Attachments to work as printed...
loger_gw
honda snowblower problem
i have a honda 928 snowblower... good machine, but...
rudall
General craftsman tiller gearbox question.
Ages ago in the early 90's, I bought a Craftsman 5hp...
bliackbeard
Sponsored Products
Jet Set Giclee 13 1/2" Wide Pendant Chandelier
Lamps Plus
Hampton Bay Outdoor Lighting. 12V Low Voltage LED 8 Piece Cast Aluminum Path and
Home Depot
AXO Light | Nafir 1 Light Pendant Light
$340.20 | YLighting
Sports Earphones
$79.95 | FRONTGATE
M510 Table Lamp by Artek
$990.00 | Lumens
DW 3528 Single Row LED Strip Light 120/m 10mm wide 5m Reel
EnvironmentalLights.com
Muse Aluminum Bath Bar
$330.00 | Bellacor
Onyx Cone Pendant by LBL Lighting