Sears Garage door opener keypad remote problem

daleselfJanuary 21, 2008

I have a sears craftsman garage door opener with a keypad entry remote. This has been working good and now has quit. I replaced the battery and now the door just jerks back and forth and quits. The doors works fine with wired wall remote and the cars remotes. I had 2 other of the keypad remotes and have tried them and they do the same. Does anyone know what is going on? Again works great with everything except the keypad entry

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

Are these wireless keypads and are they Sears? Are they protected from dripping water? This is a very unusual problem and then multiply that by 3 units all acting the same. I would check the keypad for a sticking key.

Bookmark   January 22, 2008 at 2:06PM
darloma

Neither of my remotes work, nor my keypad. All worked fine until yesterday, then all three quit working. Keypad lights do not lite up whe touched...Craftsan 139.53976SRT. Replaced all batteries. All three are wireless, of cours. Only switch that works to open the garage door is the hard wired button on the garage wall. HELP hapmar23@aol.com

Bookmark   July 10, 2008 at 7:45PM
ddhump1955_sbcglobal_net

Keypad and remote control to my GDO have been operating fine.
Then today when I tried to close my GDO with my remote it would not work. I tried the one in my wife's car and it would not close the door either. So, I got out and attempted to use the remote pad and it would not operate. Both were purchased about a year and half ago and installed at the same time. What could the problem be that would stop them from opening my GDO?

Bookmark   December 20, 2010 at 8:39PM
More Discussions
Testing the new format X allowing multiple attachments.
I am back to two Lexan chain guides due to a chain...
loger_gw
Craftsman Snow Blower - Drive problem
During our big storm last week i noticed I started...
rspin
Stihl vs. Husqvarna Chainsaw purchase
I am lucky enough to have my wife ask me to pick out...
virginiacowboy
Craftsman Snowblower Recall
Did anyone else receive a recall notice in the mail...
pjrsjr
Reciprocating Saw
I am looking to buy a reciprocating saw. I am not looking...
pirate94
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™