Sally Holmes!

queenbee_1(7)April 26, 2012

I have never really like the single bloom roses. They were ok but for some reason--I wasn't drawn to them... Well, I saw a picture of SH and thought she was cute, she met my list of needs for a spot in the front of the house so--I purchased two... Planted them in Feb and she is growing beautifully! She is full of buds and blooms, she has long canes and she looks prefect in her new home! I am so happy that I might need a few more single bloom roses..LOL

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
harmonyp

queenbee - the same thing is happening to me. I passed by Sally Homes 2 years ago thinking - not my style. But saw her last week in full bloom, and found her to be gorgeous. Then, went musing through our local nursery where unfortunately many roses are not tagged. Found an absolutely stunning single yellow - blooms rather large about 3 1/2" in diameter, light fragrance, and just something about it really knocked my socks off. I think I may have to go back and retrieve it, then figure out what it is. And now the eyeconics - aren't they something!

Bookmark   April 26, 2012 at 10:05AM
seil zone 6b MI

The singles have a way of hooking you like that! I never cared much for them either until I found Dainty Bess. Now I have several!

Bookmark   April 26, 2012 at 12:07PM
ilovemyroses(8 Dallas TX)

i "started" with roses loving the singles...mutabulis, altissmo, dortmond, mrs. oakley fischer...but soon got into the austins, and the over stuffed petals, which i love, but yes, sometimes these really speak to you. and sally holmes is one i am eyeing. saw her at the nursery looking so shabby, that i passed. bent blooms, rain spotting, but i keep driving by one on my carpool, and might purchase one.

is y'alls on root stock? this at the nursery was.

Bookmark   April 26, 2012 at 7:22PM
petaloid(SoCal 10a/24)

The one I planted in front of our neighbor's house is covered in blooms right now -- so pretty!

Bookmark   April 26, 2012 at 7:27PM
jerijen(Zone 10)

Our sally Holmes, from Heirloom, is a huge tree -- an impressive sight. Heirloom's mother plant, grown from a cutting from the original seedling in the breeders garden, has not been budded, and if they're still working with that stock, I'd recommend it strongly.

Jeri

Bookmark   April 27, 2012 at 10:36AM
More Discussions
Update on Transplant!
Well guys, I have wonderful news. My aunt and I transplanted...
Christen McClintock
Iceberg vs. Pope John Paul II
I am considering placing white roses near the entry...
Desertgarden- Las Vegas, Z8b @ 2800 ft.
Oklahoma or Firefighter
I have both coming. I have 2 spots for them, both...
beaverfoot
How to Take Cuttings...
We are officially moving Monday, and as I walked the...
Desertgarden- Las Vegas, Z8b @ 2800 ft.
Just some pictures
Souvenir de la Malmaison on the left, Bishop's Palace...
ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
Sponsored Products
Ceramic Floor & Wall Tile: Merola Tile Building Materials Holmes Rojo 17-3/4
$3.40 | Home Depot
Holmes Charcoal One-Light Wall Sconce
$218.00 | Bellacor
Disney Sally and Friends Wall Decal - 74-74003
$84.15 | Hayneedle
Black Holmes Console Table
$99.99 | zulily
Dan Holm 'Animal Print' Gallery-Wrapped Canvas
Overstock.com