Lindera Obtusiloba seed

mrgpagOctober 10, 2010

Does anyone have a seed producing Lindera Obtusiloba from which you would be willing to share some fresh seed.

Thanks

Marshall

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mrgpag

Guess I'm out of luck on this request.

Bookmark   October 15, 2010 at 7:13AM
denn(USDA Z6)

It is indeed a desirable plant that I had searched for over the last 10 years . Fortunately in Fall 2010 I found that Heritage in Salem , Oregon was AND STILL IS carrying this plant :
Heritage Seedlings Inc
4194 71st Ave Se
Salem, OR 97317
Office/Fax (503) 769 9618
www.heritageseedlings.com
Thanks to them I now have at least 20+ lindera obtusiloba plants scattered around the property . A word of caution : the seedlings are much fussier than growing your own from seed . It will be interesting to see if mine ever produce seed . Take care and happy growing !!
Chooch

Bookmark   December 23, 2012 at 1:00PM
brandon7 TN_zone(7)

I don't know how hard it would have been to find this in 2010, but it shouldn't be any problem now. Quite a few mail-order nurseries have it. Broken Arrow Nursery (excellent Garden Watchdog rating), Fairweather Gardens (very good Garden Watchdog rating), ForestFarm (very good Garden Watchdog rating), and Woodlanders (decent Garden Watchdog rating) are four examples. RareFind Nursery was carry this species, but is not showing availability right now. For seeds, Sheffield's Seed Company (very good Garden Watchdog rating) and Angelgrove Tree Seed Company (excellent Garden Watchdog rating) have them. Lots of small specialty local nurseries also carry this.

Bookmark   December 23, 2012 at 1:53PM
More Discussions
Name of this shrub?
I took this cutting from my Aunt's yard and don't remember...
jmagor
Recs For Underused Ornamental Shrubs
Can you share some that you'd think would be planted...
catkin
Best purple/red Cotinus Coggyria cultivars
Are there any particular purple cultivars of Continus...
whaas_5a
What's wrong with my Gardenia???
Hi there, my potted gardenia and I live in San Diego....
lucylusmile
Grafting rose of sharon
I know that most people consider rose of sharon a pest...
Derby42 zone 6
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™