Deer Scram....How to use?

vera_eastern_wa(5a-5b)April 28, 2014

Last year I used Deer Out, but am looking into switching to Deer Scram, I went to the website and read how they say to apply it...a 16" swath around plants.... but if my beds are bordered by lawn do I still apply a 16" swath of the product over the lawn around these beds? Re-apply after mowing?? Do I have to apply around each individual plant or just around the borders? Also regarding mulch....IF it's too be applied around each any every plant, would that be above or beneath mulch? Also I'm hoping I'm not going to have to re-apply each and every time I add more layers of dried grass clippings to the beds....could get rather spendy!

Thanks for any info,

Vera

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5

any such.. you use according to the label .. perhaps supplemented by the companies website ...

ken

Here is a link that might be useful: all links on that page are from the CO. website.... after the first advert

Bookmark   April 29, 2014 at 9:06PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mzdee(6b)

Have you considered Milorganite? Of course there is no true deterrent besides buckshot for a hungry deer, this seems to work well for me. My prperty is not frnced but I did grow some veggies last summer with no issues. If nothing else it is a lot cheaper than other offerings and my Canas absolutely thrived on it.

Bookmark   May 3, 2014 at 1:19PM
More Discussions
Off to Paris!
Hello Fellow Perennial Fanatics, :) I'm off to Paris...
steve1young
Potentilla question
Does anyone have experience with Potentilla fruticosa...
waynez5_ia
Plant of the Year
FWIW I see The Perennial Plant Association membership...
rouge21_gw
Im looking for rare edible perennials for zone 5
I want things that require vary little work and do...
grannypeck
Please tell me about baptisia?
I've occasionally seen these plants in local gardens,...
twrosz
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™