Challenged by a McCulloch Electramatic 12" chainsaw.

loger_gwJanuary 18, 2014

Challenged by a McCulloch Electramatic 12" chainsaw.

1. My favorite electric chainsaw just stopped w/o any warnings after a tree trimmer used it (while his gas saw was down).

2. The instant stop led me to believe it was a simple electrical break in the saw or extension cord.

3. All simple continuity cks passed, including brushers to armature. On the next level pulling the armature showed a bad wire.

4. A wire from the switch to a brusher had gotten cut by the armature due to being shaken from retainer/position.

5. Then it hit me that the trimmer was throwing his saw from the tree into brush and I feel he dropped my saw.

6. Most of all, I zip tied the wire twice so that a shock or pull while servicing would resist movement near the armature.

7. It looked like I had 50 parts to clean and reassemble. It sounds/looks good but 2-3 hrs of use will be the real test.

8. The repair and one zip tie is seen in the attachment (blue) with the other zip outside the armature ares.

9. I believe the find and repair w/h cost as much as another saw. I'll still say I have seen some good quality in this saw.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
loger_gw

Sooner than expected, I put the saw to the test today but not as long. The wife needed some seasoned Pecan and Mesquite for smoking tobacco w/o telling her Please! I Mean For Meat (LOL), Turkey Thighs, Country Ribs, A Ham and I wanted my buried wedge. It worked like New. BTW, I converted to the gas saw type chain vs the Self Sharpening and It Digs In Quick! Stay tuned as she monitors my messages!

Bookmark   January 19, 2014 at 8:56PM
More Discussions
Woodzig electric pruner
I have a Woodzig electric pruner and use it often....
ranger_ric
Have you successful cut any “seasoned firewood” inside?
Have you successful cut any “seasoned firewood”...
loger_gw
Dewalt 3800 pressure washer, open hole between pump and engine.
Hi, I just bought a dewalt 3800 pressure washer gx...
ron111
honda snowblower problem
i have a honda 928 snowblower... good machine, but...
rudall
Have Chipper/Shredder for trade
I have a very nice gas powered wood chipper/leaf shredder...
charlieboring
Sponsored Products
Bronze Finish 12 1/4" Wide Twin Halogen Spot Security Light
$29.91 | Lamps Plus
Robert Sonneman Perch Gloss Black Desk Lamp
Euro Style Lighting
Martinsville Outdoor Wall Sconce
Lightology
Trentino Tailored Sham
$135.00 | FRONTGATE
Progress Lighting Illuma-Flex Brushed Nickel Wall Mount Support P8706-09
Home Depot
Kent Black Outdoor Wall Mount
$63.00 | Bellacor
Hinkley Lighting | Xanadu 43358 Chandelier
YLighting
Kidwise Endless Fun 11 in 1 Inflatable Bounce House and Water Slide Combo Multic
$649.00 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™