Snapper Snowblower Repair (Gear Box) I422

xd11January 19, 2011

22", 4 HP. I am sure the worm gear in the gearbox is bad. I unbolted the three auger bolts on either side of the shaft and took off the shaft end screws.

How do I pull the auger out to get to the gearbox? The shaft that runs back to the blower seems to be attached using one or two holes that run through the metal of the blower assembly and through the shaft. There are not allen screws in there, but rather what looks like a curved piece of metal. Am I just supposed to bang them out with a hammer and dowel that just fits in the hole, or what?

Please help me figure this out. Looks like I can still buy the worm gear which at this point might be easier than trying to find the right ready-for-the-dump snowblower locally.

Trying to stay ahead of the next storm...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
baymee(LehighValleyPA)

Not familiar with your unit, but, in most cases, you have to split the unit in half, remove the pulley on the rear of the auger housing, then drive the shaft out of the housing.

At that point, you'll have a T shaped drive assembly. Then you unbolt the gear case and probably replace the shaft with a new one.

Bookmark   January 20, 2011 at 6:18AM
More Discussions
Craftsman Snow Blower - Drive problem
During our big storm last week i noticed I started...
rspin
Troy Bilt Horse Drive Shaft Bearings
I took my horse apart because the front transmission...
gildomilo
Adjusting Carb on Toro S200 Snow Blower
I have a small 2 stroke Toro S200 Snow Blower that...
rgress
Sears air compressor engine won't run when plugged in
Sears Paint Sprayer/Air Compressor Model No. 106.153542...
Cletus77
Predator 212cc Engine, Harbor Freight FYI
Hi Folks, Been thinking of getting one of these for...
exmar
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™