troy-bilt pony

case1470January 5, 2010

I have a troy-bilt pony and it is popping out of gear. I think there is a worn piece insied the transmision. How do you get the axle out of the transmission.

Thank You

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rustyj14(W/PA)

Have you adjusted the rectangular shaped block at the back of the engine area. That block is what keeps it in gear, usually. It has one bolt in it, loosen it, let it move a bit, then tighten it up, and try it. It worked for me!
Your model, if a late model, may not have that adjustment! Getting into the transmission, with no knowlege of it, will surely bring more trouble than you need! They are NOT like the average transmission, as we know them. If tranny is bad, better seek professional help!

Bookmark   January 6, 2010 at 7:53PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
runswithscissors2010

I realize this is an old thread, but someone might run into it browsing, as I did. If everything stops when it pops out, I can't help you. But if it's the wheels that stop turning while the rest still goes, you need to check where the rod that works the wheel clutch goes into the transmission. There should be a collar with a bolt down there. Tighten that up until the rod no longer turns freely. At least it worked on my old ('82 I believe) Pony. The new ones are a bit different.

Bookmark   October 1, 2012 at 1:53AM
More Discussions
Poulan Pro rear tine tiller, burnt valve??
I have a 6.5 Intec Briggs on my tiller, which is 10...
slowpoke_gardener
Toro 826 Drive Belt Jumps Off Crankshaft Pulley
Hello, I have a nine year old Toro Powermax 826. Late...
ronpr2112
Predator 212cc Engine, Harbor Freight FYI
Hi Folks, Been thinking of getting one of these for...
exmar
Craftsman Snow Blower - Drive problem
During our big storm last week i noticed I started...
rspin
Troy Bilt Horse Drive Shaft Bearings
I took my horse apart because the front transmission...
gildomilo
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™