Need multi-spray nozzle with GENTLE mister

greendreamhomeFebruary 25, 2014

I've repaired my Nelson 6-spray nozzle a few times, and I think it's on its last legs. I just bought a replacement from Dramm, and while the Dramm is very good in many respects, its "mist" setting isn't gently and misty!

Before I buy a brand-new Nelson or other brand (because Nelson could have changed over the past few years) I'd like to know if anyone has any recommendations for a multi-sprayer with a truly gentle mist-y mist.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
loger_gw

Please post a link to your nozzle or a picture.

Bookmark   February 25, 2014 at 12:51PM
greendreamhome

Here's a photo of the Nelson sprayer that had the great mist setting. (I say "had" because this morning when I turned it on the flower wheel just blew off!) I haven't found this exact sprayer online.

The new sprayer is a Dramm: http://shop.urbanfig.com/dramm-revolver-9-pattern-touch-n-flow-hand-sprayer/

Overall the Dramm is great, but it has a very, very disappointing mister. Not only is the mist too hard to really be mist, but it leaks large drops of water, too. And it's not just one sprayer that does it; both of them do!

Bookmark   February 26, 2014 at 5:26PM
loger_gw

Thanks for the Pics and I know your need now that I see your product. We use that product the best we can. I have a weed killer/liquid edger sprayer that I wanted more control of a weep on. I added an in-line valve in the line just before the spray head valve. This control could help the volume at the end vs off/on handle and nozzle adjustment. A PVC valve would work but larger but not bad 2-3â away.

I got the idea from helping friends spray paint cars. They needed a valve control at the gun to get the flow of air pressure at the gun vs what was coming off the compressorâÂÂs regulator 50â away.

Bookmark   February 26, 2014 at 11:20PM
zen_man

Dramm have Fog nozzles that provide a very gentle mist. Couple one of those with their on-off attachment, and possibly an extension wand, and you should be in business.

ZM

Bookmark   March 4, 2014 at 11:36PM
More Discussions
Best gas leaf blower?
Can anyone recommend a good gas powered leaf blower?...
robar
Snow Thrower impeller
I have a Craftsman 9 hp dual stage snow thrower, that...
fjs001
Craftsman Snow Blower - Drive problem
During our big storm last week i noticed I started...
rspin
2-cycle engine troubleshooting
My 2-cycle blower cannot be started. There is a hot...
slim50
Testing the new format X allowing multiple attachments.
I am back to two Lexan chain guides due to a chain...
loger_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™