Compost Tumbler Value

exmarFebruary 17, 2011

Hi,

Have one of the big ones, I think it's 22 cu ft, Used very little, but has a some rust from sitting outside. Fully functional with manual, thermometer, and a couple bags of compost starter.

Going to put up some ads locally and try to sell it, I noticed an ad in a magazine for $459, not including S&H. I was thinking I'd like to get $150 so ask a little more to have some "wiggle" room.

Anyone ever seen one of these for sale used? How much would you ask?

Answering the obvious, it was a gift and I prefer the tried and true three bin method, also do sheet composting on the garden.

Thanks for your time,

Ev

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tomplum

You are close. Try $225 and go from there. We bought a used Compost Tumbler for around $165 on CL and a like new Mantis Twin with lots of extras for $250 on the list. I resold the CT for about the same and a half dozen bamboo the next year- like 5 years ago. Got a half dozen calls.

Bookmark   February 17, 2011 at 10:37PM
exmar

Tom, good info. Just wonder if you're in an urban area? We live 20 miles out of a town that has 4 stop lights, well, since we got a super "wallyworld" there are now 5.....:-) Any decent shopping or selection is an hour and half drive at least.

Bookmark   February 18, 2011 at 10:21AM
tomplum

Yep, in the metro... Though when I bought the Mantis, the guy lived in the middle of nowhere and take a left. I would say if the seams are looking good - 50% of retail less a few bucks if you need to is a good way to go.

Bookmark   February 18, 2011 at 8:00PM
More Discussions
Snowblowers and engine choices - Ariens vs Toro vs Simplicity and
I live on the shoreline in CT, where we get anywhere...
bfguilford
Predator 212cc Engine, Harbor Freight FYI
Hi Folks, Been thinking of getting one of these for...
exmar
IS it ME ? OR is this site/Forum Gone in hibernation?
This used to be such an informative and active site!!...
bertman_gw
Testing the new format X allowing multiple attachments.
I am back to two Lexan chain guides due to a chain...
loger_gw
Stihl vs. Husqvarna Chainsaw purchase
I am lucky enough to have my wife ask me to pick out...
virginiacowboy
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™