gator_rider2, long url or http addresses converted

loger_gwFebruary 7, 2013

gator_rider2 & Others,

Will you help me with this task? How are long url or http addresses as below converted to short addresses or titles (as I notice yours are)? In some cases I have seen the addresses changed without my knowing or effort. Such as, can you convert the long address below to a shorter address or title and how is it done??

Thanks!

http://www.drpower.com/twoStepInquiry.aspx?X=1&Name=Logsplitter_A&Redirect=true&src=AW72931XE3163309&crcat=brand-woodsplitter%7edr+wood+splitter&crsource=msn&crkw=dr+wood+spliter&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=Bing-PPC&utm_campaign=brand-woodsplitter&utm_content=dr+wood+splitter&utm_term=dr+wood+spliter

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bill_kapaun

IF you are only posting ONE URL, paste it into the "Optional Link URL:" and give it a name in the "Name of the Link:" box.

Like the link below should bring you right back here?

Here is a link that might be useful: Circle back to this thread

This post was edited by bill_kapaun on Thu, Feb 7, 13 at 14:22

Bookmark   February 7, 2013 at 2:20PM
loger_gw
    Bookmark   February 7, 2013 at 4:54PM
gator_rider2(z8 Ga.)

Most sites have short URL, but if go around looking on that site they can get page in this take to splitter your was compare 2 Log splitter.

http://www.drpower.com/Content.aspx/Log-Splitters-RapidFire?N=v8

I use yahoo search engine because newer than google I keep internet explore just make yahoo main one this way it load internet explore in different window. And load with Google Chrome all this because I don't know what I'm doing lol.
I think set your computer to short are long URL window 7 what I am using a PC been advised not to go to window 8 its not complete.

Here is a link that might be useful: Short version

Bookmark   February 7, 2013 at 11:54PM
loger_gw

Thanks gator_rider2! This One Eyed Monster can be a challenge, to keep up with if you have limited time and skills. It's always my challenge to find answers or look for tips before asking personally. BUT! At a point it does not hurt to ask for help. I probably need to go back and look at more of the site's info. Versus the googling and challenging local friends I saw use titles (Check Here!).

Last (Gator, Bill and All), will some sites automatically generate short URL addresses or titles when a long address is added?

Bookmark   February 8, 2013 at 11:29AM
gator_rider2(z8 Ga.)

Yes Loger they will post a short version of link I'm on the coltcaseingersoll garden tractor site see that happen a lot. I can allow a web site in my security system and thing work much better only a lot few sites come thou I think have only 3 its to allow popup and cookies from those sites. Someone could expland this better than I can.

Bookmark   February 8, 2013 at 12:34PM
More Discussions
Have Chipper/Shredder for trade
I have a very nice gas powered wood chipper/leaf shredder...
charlieboring
Sears air compressor engine won't run when plugged in
Sears Paint Sprayer/Air Compressor Model No. 106.153542...
Cletus77
Looking for a new "top box" for my tool chest.
My old one died of old, old age and I didn't replace...
exmar
Dewalt 3800 pressure washer, open hole between pump and engine.
Hi, I just bought a dewalt 3800 pressure washer gx...
ron111
Electrolytic Rust Removal
Has anyone tried this, using a battery charger, "washing...
exmar
Sponsored Products
Salisbury Black Outdoor Wall-Mount Lantern
$176.00 | Bellacor
Pinecones Collection 17 1/2" Wide Bathroom Light Fixture
Lamps Plus
Hand-woven Coastal Seagrass Black Area Rug (2' x 3')
Overstock.com
Justice Design Group FSN-8702 - Aero 2 Light Bath Bar - Hourglass Shade - Polish
$300.00 | Hayneedle
Ergohuman Executive Mid Back Chair in Gray
$610.50 | LexMod
Herman Miller | EamesĀ® Elliptical Table
YLiving.com
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™