need info on johndeere chainsaw model 30

joe_the_dutchman(ontario canada)February 4, 2010

this model is also an echo cs-302.i can buy it for 50 dollars.looks good but needs a tank to carb fuel line.is that hard to replace on this model.any info on this saw greatly apreciated

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ewalk

Welcome to the Forum Joe !
Can't give you any feed back on the Saw ! Numerous others here on the Forum with yrs of experience . The Gas line to Carb replacement should be rather straight forward . Fishing the internal line with the fuel filter from the Fuel tank is normally the tough part. I usually bend a hook into a small piece of wire to pull it out to check the filter . Be sure to clean out your High and Low Speed Jets. I usually carefully turn the jets in (clockwise) until they just seat. Don't overtighted (damage the seat) or tip of the needle . Be sure to remember the number of turns . Normally anywhere from 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 turns. Remove the jets and carefully spray in some carb cleaner . Replace Jets refuel the saw with properly mixed gas . Never hurts to invest in a new Plug either , always keep previous plug for a back up spare . Once you have the saw running let it warm up by reving it up a little for a few seconds then see how it idles , you may require some fine tuning for the high speed and low speed later on . I normally set the idle speed to where the chain just bearly rolls over .

P.S. I hope that perhaps Tom or CG can get back to you fellow Canuck on the Echo Series Saws , I have seen them advertized but have never ran one.. but for Good Luck Ty !

Bookmark   February 4, 2010 at 3:56PM
More Discussions
New Ryobi S430 engine dies on full throttle
Just bought a new Ryobi straight shaft 4 Cycle S430...
losrubios
McCullough Pro Mac 700 has to be a professional grade saw vs a Home?
Servicing/Starting my Neighbor’s McCullough Pro Mac...
loger_gw
1983 troy-bilt cultivator plus wheels
Read with great interest all the posts so far for the...
rayleman
Looking for a new "top box" for my tool chest.
My old one died of old, old age and I didn't replace...
exmar
General craftsman tiller gearbox question.
Ages ago in the early 90's, I bought a Craftsman 5hp...
bliackbeard
Sponsored Products
Ruth Leather Chair - Brighton Sunset Orange
Joybird Furniture
Cook N Home In-Drawer Knife Storage Block
Overstock.com
Modern Indoor/Outdoor Bath Mat: Accent Rug: Garland Rugs Finest Luxury Linen 30
$56.97 | Home Depot
Crosley Alexandria Natural Wood Top Kitchen Island - KF30001ABK
$370.00 | Hayneedle
Artemide | Tolomeo Wall Light
YLiving.com