drilling under driveway

bill4020February 21, 2006

Has anyone ever used a "Borit" water pressure tool for drilling under a driveway/sidewalk? It so, what was your experience? I have to replace wiring that is broken under a driveway(not in conduit!!) so I need to place conduit and don't want to tear up driveway.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dmullen(Southern CA)

I don't know what borit is but I have bored under sidewalks many times with a garden hose and one of those cheap plastic heads made for that and sold at Home Depot.

I have also mounted them on a long piece of PVC for longer distances. Made up a long one with segments of PVC that could be screwed together each time I needed a little more length.

That method of going under walks is really easy. A driveway might be more difficult because of the length and also you may encounter some base material such as gravel that might stop you.

Bookmark   February 21, 2006 at 4:26PM
mikie_gw

I jetted a 20 foot section of 1" schd 40 pvc under my two car concrete driveway ... went fast. Took two shoves, the first one bend downward or something - second one came out about a foot off dead straight.
Was for a front yard sprinkler zone. Just a hose end adapter and probably a reducer to make it fit. Tied a 14/2 g UF to it for a post light too.

Bookmark   February 22, 2006 at 10:49AM
bill4020

dmullen,mikie

Thanks for your inputs, certainly worth a try!

bill4020

Bookmark   February 22, 2006 at 3:25PM
bas157

what department in home depot would you find the cheap plastic head made for that? I've been wanting to run a downspout under a concrete walkway but didn't know what the easiest way to do it myself would be.

Bookmark   February 22, 2006 at 7:02PM
Don_

Go to the department that sells lawn sprinklers. It is a kit that is really self explanatory. You will also need PVC pipe long enough to span whatever you are going under.

Bookmark   February 22, 2006 at 7:54PM
More Discussions
Are you finding Insert Pic Attachments to work as printed on this Site
Are you finding Insert Pic Attachments to work as printed...
loger_gw
Have Chipper/Shredder for trade
I have a very nice gas powered wood chipper/leaf shredder...
charlieboring
Deep Spader
Has anyone used a deep spader? How did you like it?...
svachon
cultivator or tiller or both
In the past I've manually tilled and cultivated my...
Bushwhacker Blood
Garage Door Opener Repair tips PT1 long
Hi all, it seems to me that in general GDO posters...
techdave
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™