American Gardner YS24 weed trimmer

chevyssruleFebruary 21, 2010

Good Afternoon,

After looking at my old Ryobi 790r & thinking of all the trouble I have had in the past starting this beast & not being a big fan of 2 cycle engines the noise the smell the mess.

I started reading up on cordless trimmers read a few consumer sites & found a 24 volt unit that seems to keep getting high marks American Gardner YS24 yardstick not being familiar with rechargeables in anything (yes I'm old fashion or just poor) I'm sort of pulling toward this one I like the idea of just charging it & going no cord to pull gas or oil to buy cleaner well I think you get the idea.

What I would like to know is can anyone tell me about these or any other ones that they like?.

See I'm a big John Deere fan being from a farm but don't see that they make one. But as I said this seems to get high marks but I never heard of it.

Thank you for your help!

Will,

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tomplum

I'm not sure on that specific trimmer, but my cordless trimmer experience was positive. Mine was a 12V Toro (Ryobi)like from a decade ago. They hang in the charger rack, always start, run- plus no fumes. Left it with a friend when I moved who also loved it. Power is bound to be less that a gas, but for general weed eating I think they are a good thing. Plus I would like to think run time on a 24V current technology battery should be quite good. If you get one, report back.

Bookmark   February 23, 2010 at 9:05PM
More Discussions
Brand new chainsaw stalls - tank fuel line above gas level?
Hell all I just bought my first chainsaw: http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/aw/d/B008EQ0L3I It's...
theniceguy
What’s a good safe cure to stop or slow root entering sewer line?
What’s a good safe cure to stop or slow root entering...
loger_gw
Any owners of the Troy-bilt Cultivator Plus?
I bought this around 1984 and have never seen another...
baymee
McCullough Pro Mac 700 has to be a professional grade saw vs a Home?
Servicing/Starting my Neighbor’s McCullough Pro Mac...
loger_gw
Harbor Freight small utility tralier question
I just purchased this harbor freight trailer. http://www.harborfreight.com/1090-lb-capacity-40-1-2-half-inch-x-48-inch-mini-utility-trailer-with-12-inch-four-lug-wheels-and-tires-90153.html I...
rlmunsey
Sponsored Products
A19 Lighting | Vivid ADA Wall Sconce
$284.99 | YLighting
Sea Gull Lighting Chandeliers Plymouth 3-Light Blacksmith Single Tier
Home Depot
American Rug Craftsmen Madison Cherokee Rose Dark Butter Rug (5'3 x 7'10)
Overstock.com
Ellen Settee - Beige - FEC8039BBGE
Hayneedle
Great Plains Rug 6' x 9' - CREAM
$1,749.00 | Horchow
Safavieh Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Safavieh Rugs Chelsea Ivory / Green 3 ft. 9
Home Depot
Brown Desert Sand Handcrafted Southwest Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Wescott Bath Towel - STONEWALL (TAUPE) (BATH TOWEL)
$16.00 | Horchow
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™