ryobi cultivator wont run

phinoreFebruary 28, 2010

I have a ryobi cultivator model number ry60511b that i got from a friend. since i got it. i have replaced the carb with a brand new one, replaced the fuel lines and fuel filter, new plug and new gas. And now after doing all this it will not run. if you give it a shot of starting fluid, it will run for about 3-7 seconds and then quits. does anyone out there have any ideas of what i could try next? I do have about $75.00 into this and don't want to give up I could take it to the shop, but if I could figure out what is wrong. It would save me a few dollars

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rcmoser

If it hits off staring fluid gas from the tank is not being pulled up and through the carb. Sure you hooked up the gas lines correctly? Is Gas being pulled up and through the carb using the primer bulb? Some times it takes awhile to work the air out of the carb so it will start pumping (drawning fuel from the tank on it own). I would use carb. cleaner for priming and not starting fluid, carb. cleaner has some lubrication in it and starting fluid has none. I would prime it several times and see if it will eventually take off on it own?

Bookmark   February 28, 2010 at 7:51PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
phinore

I have it hooke dup the same way it was before i changed the lines, i have tried pumping the primer buld several different times, will try it again with some carb cleaner to prime it

Bookmark   March 2, 2010 at 6:03PM
More Discussions
Deep Spader
Has anyone used a deep spader? How did you like it?...
svachon
1983 troy-bilt cultivator plus wheels
Read with great interest all the posts so far for the...
rayleman
Who Makes This 'New' Craftsman 50cc Chain Saw?
Doing a little research on possible replacement saws......
pgtr
Any owners of the Troy-bilt Cultivator Plus?
I bought this around 1984 and have never seen another...
baymee
cultivator or tiller or both
In the past I've manually tilled and cultivated my...
Bushwhacker Blood
Sponsored Products
RIDGID Power Tools Optional Tile Saw Stand A113TS1
$29.97 | Home Depot
Tile Saws Cutters & Accessories: Ryobi Flooring 4 in. Tile Saw TC401
$89.97 | Home Depot
Tile Saws Cutters & Accessories: Ryobi Saw Stands Tile Saw Stand for Ryobi
$39.97 | Home Depot
Ryobi Saws 7 in. Tile Saw with Stand WS722SN
Home Depot
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™