ryobi cultivator wont run

phinoreFebruary 28, 2010

I have a ryobi cultivator model number ry60511b that i got from a friend. since i got it. i have replaced the carb with a brand new one, replaced the fuel lines and fuel filter, new plug and new gas. And now after doing all this it will not run. if you give it a shot of starting fluid, it will run for about 3-7 seconds and then quits. does anyone out there have any ideas of what i could try next? I do have about $75.00 into this and don't want to give up I could take it to the shop, but if I could figure out what is wrong. It would save me a few dollars

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rcmoser

If it hits off staring fluid gas from the tank is not being pulled up and through the carb. Sure you hooked up the gas lines correctly? Is Gas being pulled up and through the carb using the primer bulb? Some times it takes awhile to work the air out of the carb so it will start pumping (drawning fuel from the tank on it own). I would use carb. cleaner for priming and not starting fluid, carb. cleaner has some lubrication in it and starting fluid has none. I would prime it several times and see if it will eventually take off on it own?

Bookmark   February 28, 2010 at 7:51PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
phinore

I have it hooke dup the same way it was before i changed the lines, i have tried pumping the primer buld several different times, will try it again with some carb cleaner to prime it

Bookmark   March 2, 2010 at 6:03PM
More Discussions
No more roll pins
Finally got the roll pins out of the wheels on my Horse...
snuffyinatl
Craftsman Snowblower Recall
Did anyone else receive a recall notice in the mail...
pjrsjr
Best gas leaf blower?
Can anyone recommend a good gas powered leaf blower?...
robar
Craftsman Snow Blower - Drive problem
During our big storm last week i noticed I started...
rspin
Toro 826 Drive Belt Jumps Off Crankshaft Pulley
Hello, I have a nine year old Toro Powermax 826. Late...
ronpr2112
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™