Bolens tiller question

michauxii(East Texas)February 29, 2012

I have an old 6hp Bolens front end tiller. Just changed oil. There is another "cap" right above the oil fill cap, and I'm unsure what it's for. Guessing it's some type of oil/lube for the gears.

Anyone know? Is there a drain plug for this AND what kind of lube and amount would I use?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Do you have a link or picture that will show the cap above the oil filler cap? loger

    Bookmark   March 2, 2012 at 10:47AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Concur. There have been tillers made under the Bolens name for many years. Until about 1988 they were FMC products, when they were sold to Garden Way when which in turn was sold to MTD in 2001. The old ones were gear drive. On vertical shaft engine models the transmission oil fill plug is on the right side at the bottom of the transmission housing.

    Bookmark   March 2, 2012 at 6:28PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Temperature alarm app for Android?
I am wondering if anyone knows of an Android app that...
Old Troybilt Tiller Engine Replacement
I need to replace the eninge on my Troybilt tiller...
Stihl Chainsaw - starts but won't run
My trusty (10 yr) old Stihl 16" chainsaw is starting...
McCullough Pro Mac 700 has to be a professional grade saw vs a Home?
Servicing/Starting my Neighbor’s McCullough Pro Mac...
Waterproofing a basement
I get water in my basement just about every spring...
Sponsored Products
Grass Gator Universal Bump & Feed Trimmer Head - 1223-1023
$24.99 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™