Dremel chain saw sharpening.

rboone7760February 8, 2014

I purchased a Dremel chain saw sharperer that has an angle of 30 degrees and 0 tilt. I have a new chainsaw that calls fot this angle. I also have an much older saw that calls for a 35 degree and a 10 degree tilt. Do I need a separate guide for the old chain or can the Dremel guide be used for both? Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
loger_gw

The Dermal guide should work for both when you develop a feel for using the tool. I have enjoyed my 110V Sears related since 1984 (savings tons on sharpening that took too much off the chains).

Your next challenge will be to make chains from used or chain stock or rem links from stretched chains (if you deal with much dirty wood). Always test your sharpening before depending on a good cut.

Bookmark   February 8, 2014 at 8:23PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
loger_gw

The other version of the electric sharpeners I have seen have fixed or accurately set angles that will do a good quick job (cheap) but my chains w/n last for the life they have lasted with a dermel type. I feel the operator intentionally takes more off so that one pass will fix all conditions. I would say the dermel type could be compared to a file (one pass if needed vs my usual light 3).

Opinions???

Bookmark   February 10, 2014 at 2:46PM
More Discussions
Stihl vs. Husqvarna Chainsaw purchase
I am lucky enough to have my wife ask me to pick out...
virginiacowboy
Older Troy Built Tiller Model ID
Trying to indentify model number of my unit. It is...
gardenerfrank
Sears air compressor engine won't run when plugged in
Sears Paint Sprayer/Air Compressor Model No. 106.153542...
Cletus77
Dewalt 3800 pressure washer, open hole between pump and engine.
Hi, I just bought a dewalt 3800 pressure washer gx...
ron111
Predator 212cc Engine, Harbor Freight FYI
Hi Folks, Been thinking of getting one of these for...
exmar
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™