growing flowering quince for the fruit
Hi. I was thinking of growing flowering quince for the fruit, and I have a ton of questions! Your advice is appreciated.
1. Any cultivars have especially tasty fruit for jelly? Any good baked or poached?
2. Some sites say flowering quince has fall color and some say it does not. Do you know of any cultivars with nice fall color? Know of any pics?
3. I heard it grows well in partial shade. Does it fruit well in partial shade?
4. I was hoping to espalier it. Any advice?
5. I was wondering if any of the flowers last extra long, or have an especially nice smell.
Thank you so much.