Ariens Snow Throw pulling to the left

griz4February 24, 2012

I replaced my 24" compact Ariens this winter with an Ariens 28" Deluxe model (ST28LE) and am having issues with the thrower pulling to the left. It has the wheel lock trigger and i have the wheel lock on when using the auger and blowing snow, but the machine keeps pulling to the left. I have to fight it to keep in straight line. I contacted Ariens a month ago, suggested i check tires to make sure they are same size as well as make sure shoes are same height. I did adjust shoes a month ago when had last storm hoping that would solve issue. but this morning got a surprise storm in CT, not a lot, but enough to pull out the machine and again it was a struggle to keep the machine straight up and down my driveway. Any ideas?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nod702(z7Tenn.)

The only thing that comes to mind is the tire pressures. I have a walk behind Ditch Witch Trencher from the mid 80s. And if the tire pressures are off just a couple of pounds it wants to pull to one side or the other.

Bookmark   February 25, 2012 at 2:53AM
jocl

Unequal tire pressure also caused my Craftsman snowblower to pull to one side.

Bookmark   February 25, 2012 at 5:48AM
tomplum

Does your machine have a differential? Are both rear wheels confirmed that they are locked to the shaft? Is the front scraper set to be in contact with the driveway? How many questions am I allowed? ;)

Bookmark   February 25, 2012 at 5:11PM
More Discussions
New Ryobi S430 engine dies on full throttle
Just bought a new Ryobi straight shaft 4 Cycle S430...
losrubios
What locked my Neighbor’s 6.5 Briggs Quantum Edge Engine?
I wanted to see what locked my Neighbor’s 6.5 Briggs...
loger_gw
honda snowblower problem
i have a honda 928 snowblower... good machine, but...
rudall
Mantis Tiller purge bulb
I cannot get gasoline to come into the purge bulb....
Alice40
Old Troybilt Tiller Engine Replacement
I need to replace the eninge on my Troybilt tiller...
themaniam1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™