Frost Free Hydrant Questions:
Frost Free Hydrant Questions: I missed removing a water hose and covering a frost free hydrant before we got into instant teens in North TX.
1. I removed the hose today that was full of ice as the hydrant (w/o noticing any cracks) and covered it.
2. My concern is, will the ice in the hydrant expand more with lower temps coming that could crack it?
3. At this point I wanted to warm and clear the hydrant of ice but I realize this is not the time for a repair.
4. Is waiting for the freeze thawing about Friday my best option?
5. Are most or all frost free hydrants threaded into copper in slab foundation/brick wall house structures?
6. Hopefully, if any damage was done, it will be to the frost free hydrant and I hope it is threaded.
Thanks for any info in advance. loger