Arboricola trinette seeds

TAB3230December 17, 2012

I see alot of these seeds around, are they good to germinate? They are black dry very tiny ones, will they germinate to yellow leaves shrubs? Anyone have done that?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
flora_uk(SW UK 8/9)

Can't answer your question but the plant you have is Schefflera arboricola 'Trinette'. You could Google for information or maybe someone on the Houseplant forum knows the answer. I do know they are a cinch from cuttings.

Bookmark   December 18, 2012 at 4:42AM
ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5

I see a lot of these seeds around, are they good to germinate? ===>>> no one can tell you whether a given seed is viable .. plant them and find out

They are black dry very tiny ones, ===>> if you are asking us to ID the seeds .... impossible on words alone ..

will they germinate to yellow leaves shrubs? ==>> plant a handful ... and pick out all the green ones.. and let them die.. choosing only the yellow.. if that is what you want ...

Anyone have done that? ==>> i have not .. but you can probably google:

growing Schefflera arboricola 'Trinette' from seed ....

the only question that comes to my mind.. is if they root easily.. might it not be easier to root some pieces from a plant you like.. rather than dealing with tiny seedlings for a lot of years.. again.. google: Schefflera arboricola 'Trinette' propagation

good luck ...

ken

Bookmark   December 19, 2012 at 7:53AM
tsugajunkie z5 SE WI

Schefflera arboricola is dioecious so it is either male or female. Your female plant will not have fertile seeds unless a male plant is around.

tj

Bookmark   December 20, 2012 at 10:39PM
More Discussions
What variety of evergreen is this? Pic included
Moved into my house 2.5 years ago. I'd like to possibly...
stlmom77
Suggestion for a 3x3 shrub needed
Hello. I'm looking for some options for a part to mostly...
zaphod42 SE WI
Thoughts about these four dwarf evergreens?
Blue Star Juniper Pinus nigra 'Pierrick Bregeon' AKA...
zaphod42 SE WI
Name of this shrub?
I took this cutting from my Aunt's yard and don't remember...
jmagor
Grafting rose of sharon
I know that most people consider rose of sharon a pest...
Derby42 zone 6
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™