Old Push Mower Deck for 'Cart' Need Ideas

happytomato2008(wis 3)March 6, 2013

I need some ideas for give to my Handyman because I want to make a 'Push Cart' from my old Mower Deck.
I think it should have some bigger tires so it is 'off the ground'...... And of course a container on top for the compost. Something I am thinking could be fashioned from sheet metal to the deck so you can shovel out the soil. Does this sound ' do-able' ?? I think this would be easier for me to maneuver in my garden then my wheelbarrow.... H. T.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
twelvegauge(8)

Happy, while I think you're project is "doable," I do not think it is practical, unless you happen to have all the required materials on hand and can fabricate and install the metal container yourself. By the time you purchase 4 wheels, tires, and axles, plus the metal to build the bin, and then pay someone to do the work, you would wind up with a marginally useful and very expensive cart. I believe it would be much more practical to purchase a two-wheeled wheelbarrow or a four-wheeled garden cart, either of which can be procured in the $50 to $100 range. You might pick up something suitable off Craig's List for pennies on the dollar. (I prefer the 2-wheeled wheelbarrow; fairly easy to push and dumps easily, too. However, the 4-wheeled carts have the advantage of bearing all the weight, so that you don't have to lift any of it.) Check your local hardware store, garden center, big box store, or even Amazon.

Bookmark   March 6, 2013 at 11:07AM
More Discussions
What locked my Neighbor’s 6.5 Briggs Quantum Edge Engine?
I wanted to see what locked my Neighbor’s 6.5 Briggs...
loger_gw
Mantis Tiller purge bulb
I cannot get gasoline to come into the purge bulb....
Alice40
honda snowblower problem
i have a honda 928 snowblower... good machine, but...
rudall
Harbor Freight small utility tralier question
I just purchased this harbor freight trailer. http://www.harborfreight.com/1090-lb-capacity-40-1-2-half-inch-x-48-inch-mini-utility-trailer-with-12-inch-four-lug-wheels-and-tires-90153.html I...
rlmunsey
Have you successful cut any “seasoned firewood” inside?
Have you successful cut any “seasoned firewood”...
loger_gw
Sponsored Products
Elysian Tray - GOLD
$375.00 | Horchow
Currey & Company Lone Star Industrial Pendant Lamp
ModernistLighting.com
Thermocast Kitchen Rochester Drop-in Acrylic 25x22x9 2-Hole Single Bowl Kitchen
Home Depot
Door Hinges Black Wrought Iron Pintle Bean Door Hinge 24 1/2"
The Renovator's Supply, Inc.
Tamburo 8 Bronze One-Light Mini Pendant with Oak Glass
$373.50 | Bellacor