Manually prime that old two cycle that's w/o primer/purge and sav

loger_gwMarch 17, 2012

Manually prime that old two cycle that's w/o primer/purge and save that arm. 5 Pull vs 2-3 Is Getting Old. LOL! My hand and arm are "Talking Pain" until I give a shot of gas from the fuel tank to the carb with a small syringe pump. Normally the prime will save 2-3 pulls and they usually purge the fuel line and will keep running (with a good high rev). I would like to add a primer kit (at the link below) but for the little use I feel it is not worth the trouble. BUT! I have drilled a 1/16" hole for priming w/o pulling a cover and It Worked. Run Some Experiments On Some Junkers And Have Some Fun.

I just cut/stacked my last load of Red Oak and Pecan the drought and spring pruning has produced less than a mile away. My racks holding 3 cords are over loaded and blocking my Scenic Views. LOL. Any more wood will have to go into my daughter's b/y (2 mi away) as the hard winter 2 yrs ago when I racked just over a cord there. loger

https://www.denniskirk.com/1861.sku?utm_source=pronto&utm_medium=cse

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rcmoser

Yep, I alway prime after storage. I too don't like pulling and pulling. I usually remove the spark plug 2 or 3 second blast down the hole pull the rope couple times, clean and check gap on the plug, check spark, put the plug back in, and blast downt the carb. IMO this works on about everything that goes boom to start.

Bookmark   March 21, 2012 at 5:28AM
More Discussions
Dewalt 3800 pressure washer, open hole between pump and engine.
Hi, I just bought a dewalt 3800 pressure washer gx...
ron111
Kohler K181 valve clearance
The engine would run perfect for maybe 30-45 minutes,...
snuffyinatl
Troy Bilt Horse Drive Shaft Bearings
I took my horse apart because the front transmission...
gildomilo
troy bilt horse question
Went to check the transmission fluid today and noticed...
snuffyinatl
2-cycle engine troubleshooting
My 2-cycle blower cannot be started. There is a hot...
slim50
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™