B&S 3 HP edger

mvronMarch 5, 2014

I have yet acquired another unit in less than pristine condition. I�m trying to remove the gas tank without removing the carb. I removed the 4 top screws that I assume were holding the tank to the bottom of the carb. I also removed the bracket on the bottom of the tank - holding the tank to the frame. Am I missing something? - or can I not remove just the tank. Thanks again much for ideas. The engine numbers are unreadable. I�m thinking - probably wrong - that the carb is working. I ran some carb cleaner through the carb and got the unit running with starting fluid. The gas tank however rusted and full of rust and water.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
loger_gw

Did you pry a little or lot to see if it was stuck? This is testing my Young Memory.

Bookmark   March 5, 2014 at 9:28PM
mvron

Loger:
I did pry a little. Do you think I've got all the fasteners off? I don't want to break anything. Thanks for the help.

Bookmark   March 6, 2014 at 9:42AM
loger_gw

Myron:
Can you post a good close clear pic or pics from the rear where you removed the 4 bolts, showing tank and carb? I feel I see corrosion on the engine and want to relate if corrosion could be causing the tank not to release.

Why not take the carb off with the tank if needed? Carb Linkage! If that is the issue, take good pics before removing linkage or use a color code scheme (red to red, black to black, blue to blue, Etc. I know the pains with my lack of concentration these days.

Bookmark   March 6, 2014 at 7:07PM
mvron

I may end up taking the carb linkage off with the tank. Lots of scary linkage issues. will have to document that. I may pry it a little to see what happens. The edger has had less than great care. Thanks loger for ideas.

Bookmark   March 6, 2014 at 10:22PM
More Discussions
Craftsman Snow Blower - Drive problem
During our big storm last week i noticed I started...
rspin
Primer not getting Gas?? After Carb Rebuid?
I just rebuilt a couple snow blower Carbs (both Tecumseh...
bertman_gw
Snowblowers and engine choices - Ariens vs Toro vs Simplicity and
I live on the shoreline in CT, where we get anywhere...
bfguilford
Predator 212cc Engine, Harbor Freight FYI
Hi Folks, Been thinking of getting one of these for...
exmar
Troy Bilt Pony Tiller
I have a Troy Bilt Pony Tiller with a 5 HP Briggs and...
beeer_2008
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™