i didnt winterize my troybuilt pressure washer!

nick46304March 21, 2010

So i deployed to afghanistan at short notice around october last year, and i just got back.. i had some time off so i wanted to clean the cars.. when i got the pressure washer out and starting using it... i wasnt getting any pressure at all. and i noticed that the water comming out was extremely hot.. the motor was heating up real bad... so i took the pump off and looked to see if i saw anything in there. i didnt see anything clogging or anything, but i just cleaned it up a little bit and put it back together. still no pressure... when i let it run for a min or so, and then press the trigger it would have a little pressure built up but then thats it..

So if anyone knows what i might have to do or replace that would be great!@ Thank you Its a troybuilt with a honda gcv 160 on it. only a year old!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
canguy(British Columbia)

If you have it hooked to cold water as you should, you needed to run it for a while to get the water that hot. That suggests the unloader valve is stuck probably due to mineral buildup. It may or may not be repairable, many axial pumps are now throw away with no service parts. I hope you didn't leave it with water in it where it could freeze.

Bookmark   March 21, 2010 at 4:06PM
nick46304

the thing is i didnt run it for more than like 5 min and the water was reallly hot. what does the unloader valve do? i noticed water comming out of the bottom out of somekind of small outflow. ive never seen it come out of before

Bookmark   March 21, 2010 at 10:04PM
nick46304

the thing is i didnt run it for more than like 5 min and the water was reallly hot. what does the unloader valve do? i noticed water comming out of the bottom out of somekind of small outflow. ive never seen it come out of before

Bookmark   March 21, 2010 at 11:33PM
More Discussions
Sears air compressor engine won't run when plugged in
Sears Paint Sprayer/Air Compressor Model No. 106.153542...
Cletus77
Dewalt 3800 pressure washer, open hole between pump and engine.
Hi, I just bought a dewalt 3800 pressure washer gx...
ron111
Poulan Pro rear tine tiller, burnt valve??
I have a 6.5 Intec Briggs on my tiller, which is 10...
slowpoke_gardener
Snowblowers and engine choices - Ariens vs Toro vs Simplicity and
I live on the shoreline in CT, where we get anywhere...
bfguilford
Reciprocating Saw
I am looking to buy a reciprocating saw. I am not looking...
pirate94
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™