Who made Baycrest Snowblowers?

captain_jonMarch 6, 2008

I have a 30 year old snowblower which was originally sold by The Bay (in Canada) - I am trying to find out who made the machine so that I can source some replacement parts.

If it helps it is a Baycrest snowblower; Model # HB826

It has an 8 HP Briggs & Stratton engine. Does anyone know who made these back in the late 1970's??

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bill_kapaun

Using Google, it appears it may have been made by Noma, another defunct company. I can't remember who bought them up. I think it was either AYP or MTD.

Bookmark   March 6, 2008 at 7:00PM
canguy(British Columbia)

You are right, it was Noma, the Christmas tree light people. The OPE division was bought by Murray who were in turn taken over by Briggs and Stratton after filing for bankruptcy.

Bookmark   March 6, 2008 at 11:26PM
captain_jon

Thanks for the info...

I sent an email to Briggs & Stratton asking if they can help with the seach for parts info.

Bookmark   March 7, 2008 at 11:31AM
bill_kapaun

You can go to the Briggs site and download parts & operator manual for the engine. That's the "easy" part of the battle.

http://www.briggsandstratton.com/maint_repair/manual_and_more/

Here is a link that might be useful: Click here

Bookmark   March 7, 2008 at 5:23PM
canguy(British Columbia)

Good luck, Briggs is not supporting Murray product over 7 years old. The good news is that it is a simple machine and other brand parts can often be made to fit.

Bookmark   March 8, 2008 at 12:29AM
captain_jon

Thanks for the link however the B&S site doesn't find the Baycrest model # HB826, so I can't get the parts list there.

I did get a prompt reply to my email from B&S. The 'Murray Support Representative' gave me the part numbers for the auger and traction belt numbers and said that she would send me the parts manual.

I also found a site with a pdf file that cross references old Murray parts and new B&S parts (see below) so hopefully armed with the parts list I can find what I need...

http://www.uni-power.co.uk/pricefiles/pdf/murray_to_briggs_parts_cross_reference_2006.pdf

Bookmark   March 9, 2008 at 12:00PM
bill_kapaun

"Thanks for the link however the B&S site doesn't find the Baycrest model # HB826, so I can't get the parts list there."

That's why I said-
"You can go to the Briggs site and download parts & operator manual for the ENGINE. That's the "easy" part of the battle"!

Bookmark   March 9, 2008 at 4:57PM
jake28

Hey Captain Jon, I have the same snowblower and need a new bearing for the shaft that drives the auger. It's mounted to the rear of the front casing right in front of the drive pulley. Any chance you could give me the part number? Also, does the bearing and it's housing come as one part or two? Appreciate any help you can give me.

Bookmark   January 9, 2009 at 10:09AM
randy001

I realize that this thread is old however I was hoping that someone could update me as to what was found re: manuals for the Baycrest HB826D. I have one from '78 that hasn't been used for the past several years and I would like to overhaul it or at least the engine.
Thanks!

Bookmark   June 10, 2010 at 10:35AM
More Discussions
Toro 826 Drive Belt Jumps Off Crankshaft Pulley
Hello, I have a nine year old Toro Powermax 826. Late...
ronpr2112
Tecumseh snow king fuel starvation?
My Tecumseh powered Toro snowblower hunts/surges and...
akachrisinmass
Craftsman Snowblower Recall
Did anyone else receive a recall notice in the mail...
pjrsjr
Best gas leaf blower?
Can anyone recommend a good gas powered leaf blower?...
robar
Kohler K181 valve clearance
The engine would run perfect for maybe 30-45 minutes,...
snuffyinatl
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™