push rod jumps rocker on kawasaki twin

joe_the_dutchman(ontario canada)March 21, 2011

i have a freind with a gh570v kawasaki engine in a kubota lawn tractor.for some reason even with the proper valve adjustment the push rod jumps the rocker arm.i forgot to ask him if it was exhaust or fuel valve but what could cause this with the proper valve lash.info greatly apreciated

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rcmoser

adjusting at the valve stem right? When I adjust the valves on my vanguard twin. I have to do it about three times. Adjust start up, watch lifters, shut down adjust again cause the gap is too big. I suggest you inspect for wear and bent rods, everything loose good then I would adjust, start up and verify you still have the gap you adjusted it to.

I have also noticed even though I got .004 gap by the time I tighten down the rocker adjustment nut the gap has changed. have to do it couple times to get it close. I know I got it close when .006 won't go, .005 is very tight, and .004 has slight drag. I also notice that it's hard to get the piston up and in the right adjustment spot if I don't remove the plugs and stick a dowl in the spark plug hole and watch the movement.

Bookmark   March 21, 2011 at 9:47PM
More Discussions
Stihl vs. Husqvarna Chainsaw purchase
I am lucky enough to have my wife ask me to pick out...
virginiacowboy
Sears air compressor engine won't run when plugged in
Sears Paint Sprayer/Air Compressor Model No. 106.153542...
Cletus77
Troy Bilt Pony Tiller
I have a Troy Bilt Pony Tiller with a 5 HP Briggs and...
beeer_2008
Primer not getting Gas?? After Carb Rebuid?
I just rebuilt a couple snow blower Carbs (both Tecumseh...
bertman_gw
honda snowblower problem
i have a honda 928 snowblower... good machine, but...
rudall
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™