Toro Wheelhorse

inkognitoMarch 27, 2010

I have a Toro XL380H ride on mower. Last fall I removed the deck to sharpen the blades and generally clean up, I put it back together today what with spring coming and all. There is a spring attached to the clutch on the deck but I can't remember where the other end attaches to. Toro don't recognize this model number although I bought it new three years ago, can someone provide a diagram or a link to one?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tomplum

What's the number from below the seat?

Bookmark   March 27, 2010 at 7:47PM
inkognito

TIA Tom. The number is 71428

Bookmark   March 28, 2010 at 9:28AM
inkognito

I did get through to Toro with that number. The spring is called the deck engagement spring but their diagram doesn't show where the other end of the spring attaches to and this is what I need to know.

Bookmark   March 28, 2010 at 10:07AM
tomplum

On the XL style decks I can think of 2 springs. One that is attached to the end of the cable that goes to the deck idler arm. There is also a return spring that pulls the opposite direction on the arm and hooks on a kind of s hook that hooks through a hole near the left rear of the top of the deck. Sometimes those drop away. Yours may be new enough to have an eyebolt rather than the s hook. In either case an s hook or eye bolt from the hardware store will work- possibly needing a spring extension depending on what version you have.

Bookmark   March 28, 2010 at 4:08PM
inkognito

Thank you Tom a very clear explanation. I did actually find the eye bolt on my own after jacking the tractor up and crawling underneath on my back. For some reason I was looking for a place on the chassis but once I thought about it there was that eye bolt starring me in the face. Thanks again.

Bookmark   March 28, 2010 at 4:55PM
More Discussions
Primer not getting Gas?? After Carb Rebuid?
I just rebuilt a couple snow blower Carbs (both Tecumseh...
bertman_gw
Electric shredder motor will switch on but won't spin the blades
Hello, I have an electric garden shredder that will...
Lindsay Durdle
Snowblowers and engine choices - Ariens vs Toro vs Simplicity and
I live on the shoreline in CT, where we get anywhere...
bfguilford
Mantis tiller will not idle
Picked up a used Mantis (SV-4/A engine) that will just...
ccarlsonnh
Honda Snowblower will not move in neutral
Hi everybody, I am a newbie to this forum. My Honda...
buttonperson
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™