Husky 55 Rancher Leaks Gas

donfalcoMarch 2, 2011

Hello All,

My 55 Rancher chain saw leaks (seeps) gas for about five or ten minutes after I shut it down. It never seems to leak while I'm using it and it runs and cuts great. After 5/10 minutes of seeping, it stops and leaks no more (and there is definitely still gas in the tank). The gas cap seems to close tight and even when it's seeping, there's no indication that it's coming from the gas cap. The gas just appears on the bottom of the chain saw.

The Husky always starts up readily and as I said, it runs great. But this leaking of gas has got to be wrong. Anyone have any ideas as to what's going on, and how to fix it? Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rcmoser

Need to find out where the leak coming from. Either the carb. fuel lines, or the tank. I suspect the carb. remove some of the cowling to expose the carb. after shut down and see if you can see any gas running down the sides to the bottom. If so it may have leaking side cover gaskets alowing gas to leak out untill the fuel pump pressure is releaved inside the carb. If it's the tank you will have to split the saw and reseal. Not familar how gas tank arranged on that saw probably case sealed internal cavity??

Bookmark   March 5, 2011 at 9:24AM
More Discussions
No more roll pins
Finally got the roll pins out of the wheels on my Horse...
snuffyinatl
Chainsaw:Poulan 295 Pro
I just purchased a used Poulan 295 Pro...$50..not bad!...
JDH2015
Troy Bilt Pony Tiller
I have a Troy Bilt Pony Tiller with a 5 HP Briggs and...
beeer_2008
Stihl vs. Husqvarna Chainsaw purchase
I am lucky enough to have my wife ask me to pick out...
virginiacowboy
troy bilt horse question
Went to check the transmission fluid today and noticed...
snuffyinatl
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™