Craftsman DRM 500

tm777January 18, 2009

I recently inherited a Craftsman DRM 500 riding mower and with a little TLC got it in good running condition again, however, I really don't need the little bug and was wondering how much it would be worth? Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rustyj14(W/PA)

You'll have to set it out front with a for sale sign on it, and wait! Also put a price on it. If its too much, nobody will stop. If its too cheap, it'll go quickly!
If the price is reasonable, anybody who stops, you will have to haggle the price with them!
Clean it all up nicely, and make it look good, and it'll sell.
I've sold stuff from $25 to $300. If it is clean and looks nice, starts right up, makes no clanky or funny noises, doesn't smoke, or leak oil, it'll sell. Ya make the price seem like ya want to retire in Florida--you'll be mowing yer own lawn with it!

Bookmark   January 21, 2009 at 11:54AM
tm777

Thanks for the words of wisdom they will be much heeded. On that note I'm also looking for some helpful hints on acquiring a replacement 21HP engine for my Husqvarna riding mower. It decided to break a rod on me last summer and have been told that it is cheaper and easier to replace rather than rebuild. Thanks again

Bookmark   January 22, 2009 at 11:47AM
tractorracer1989

is the 21 HP engine a twin cylinder and if it is would you sell the broken 21 HP engine

Bookmark   January 22, 2009 at 7:57PM
More Discussions
Looking at a John Deere X300 to purchase
I sold my Power Kraft (finally) after a persistent...
Alberti
Dead cylinder
So I have a Briggs & Stratton Engine model number:...
RebornGreen
JD 30inch mechanical tiller VS. 42 inch hydraulic tiller ??
I have read and posted different threads on these two...
cjsm5nys
Tecumseh throttle governor help?
Ssnow blower, not tractor question, but I'm hoping...
mbsl98
Do "Drift Cutters" work?
Chatting with a buddy in Connecticut, he had about...
exmar
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™