Vol de Nuit photo

James_ShawApril 25, 2012

This is my second attempt at including a photo with my text. Sure hope that I don't bore anyone. This Vol de Nuit photo is from last year--only buds on the plant so far. I am partial to mauve roses and have several in my yard. Do hope this post works and that you enjoy my photo. Jim

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Lovely, lovely photo of a beautiful mauve rose! I look forward to seeing more of your roses and photos now that you mastered the art of posting on this forum. : )

Kate

Bookmark   April 25, 2012 at 2:39PM
James_Shaw

Thank you Kate. I thought that I'd take a walk around my yard and see if there were any other roses worthy of this forum. This is my first Paradise of the year. Hope that you like it. Jim

Bookmark   April 25, 2012 at 3:40PM
seil zone 6b MI

Oh, groan, Jim. Vol de Nuit is one Mom had that I haven't replaced yet. Now I see I'm going to have to!

I have Paradise and do really love it even though it is a rather stingy bloomer.

Your photography, by the way, is fabulous!

Bookmark   April 25, 2012 at 6:54PM
canadian_rose(zone 3a)

Yes, just lovely pictures, and I love how you framed them. Gosh I wish my roses were out of the garage and growing. Your lavenders are just exquisite.
Carol

Bookmark   April 26, 2012 at 12:57AM
roseseek

Vol de Nuit was one of the "Potpourri Roses" Armstrong advertised back in the eighties. Supposedly, this maintained the scent in the dried petals, making it suitable for making potpourri from. It was a beautiful mauve, a bit slow on the repeat like Blue Nile was, but quite fragrant and very enjoyable to cut. Thanks for sharing your photo. It's been many years since I grew this. Kim

Bookmark   April 26, 2012 at 2:03AM
lesmc

Jim....I love the photos of your roses. I too, love the lavender roses but find them somewhat difficult to grow in my garden. I have not heard of Vol de Nuit, but will check her out. I do grow Paradise and it is a favorite. Your photo is lovely. Please keep us with more photos of your garden. Thanks, Lesley

Bookmark   April 26, 2012 at 8:06AM
strawchicago 5a IL

The first time I clicked on this link, it was slow to load. So I try again, and it's worth it. Vol de Nuit is magnificient. I like Delbard roses, their leaves are so glossy and healthy. Jim, I wonder which one have less thorn, Vol de Nuit or Paradise. Does Vol De Nuit smell better than Paradise? Thank you for any info.

Bookmark   April 27, 2012 at 10:15AM
More Discussions
pernnial blue and purple skyliner
OK, since you all were so helpful with your comments...
bart_2010
Another Houzz change-sending messages without following
Meredith posted this on the Antique Roses forum: In...
jasminerose4u, California
Anyone grow Coretta Scott king?
I've always liked the look of this rose, but after...
SoFL Rose z10
Climbing, spreading, purple roses?
Although I don't consider myself a rose aficionado,...
ilovegardening
Do growing conditions affect fragrance *types* in your experience
... I mean like making a clove-smelling rose smell...
laura242424
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™