what to buy for painting.......

rbiggMarch 21, 2011

I have zip knowledge of what I'm asking.

I'd like to know of maybe two or three things (brands/models) I can find in pawnshops or craigslist that will give me the capability of painting my house, and huge deck. I have no idea of prices these gadgets will bring. Suggestions welcome

I will do pieces of it at a time. No big deal.

What I'd like to have is the thing that I can put extensions on (6'), and paint pretty good swaths with it. I think one thing I'll use is oil base stains for the deck, and maybe latex for the house.

Your thought will be welcome....

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rcmoser

On option would be Wagner power painters. They come in several sizes, I just painted my house last summer in 6 hours using 7 gallons of paint. I put it on extra thick. The one I got had 25 foot hose and two gallon hopper on the top. Start out price around $200 plus bucks or may find them cheaper on Ebay new in the box.

Bookmark   March 22, 2011 at 9:21PM
rustyj14(W/PA)

A word to the wise: Paint house first/ deck second!
Over-spray is hard to control, especially if any wind. Move or cover cars, or anything you don't intend to paint! Cover windows/doors! Wear paint mask! Not those little white paper masks!

Bookmark   March 24, 2011 at 2:09PM
tomplum

I have 2 of the Wagner wide area painters. 1 has a backpack container which is great for house painting. Honestly, when I bought it- I thought it would be one of those tools I'd use to paint the house and toss because it would be junk when I was done. But no, it painted a 2 story house + 3 out buildings, several other projects. Not as temperamental as i expected after seeing all the problems my BIL has w/ his pro air sprayer. Keeping any sprayer clean seems to be the key. I bought a second refurbished as I had to spray a tie coat which had to be followed up with a top coat quick and in a hurray before the 1st coat dried. You can get different nozzles for different applications.

Bookmark   March 26, 2011 at 10:52AM
rcmoser

,WAGNER 770 0515000PAINT CREW POWER PAINTER SPRAYER $189 (goggle if interested) has light weight sprayer handle with 25 foot hose, two gallon hopper. I was also very pleased with it's quality and preformance.

Bookmark   March 26, 2011 at 12:01PM
More Discussions
Deep Spader
Has anyone used a deep spader? How did you like it?...
svachon
Harbor Freight small utility tralier question
I just purchased this harbor freight trailer. http://www.harborfreight.com/1090-lb-capacity-40-1-2-half-inch-x-48-inch-mini-utility-trailer-with-12-inch-four-lug-wheels-and-tires-90153.html I...
rlmunsey
McCullough Pro Mac 700 has to be a professional grade saw vs a Home?
Servicing/Starting my Neighbor’s McCullough Pro Mac...
loger_gw
What’s a good safe cure to stop or slow root entering sewer line?
What’s a good safe cure to stop or slow root entering...
loger_gw
Brand new chainsaw stalls - tank fuel line above gas level?
Hell all I just bought my first chainsaw: http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/aw/d/B008EQ0L3I It's...
theniceguy
Sponsored Products
Ludlow Wall Sconce by Quorum International
$77.00 | Lumens
Signature Design by Ashley Milari Linen Loveseat
Overstock.com
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Concord Global Trading Rugs Jewel Damask
$88.97 | Home Depot
Bali Room Darkening and Blackout Roller Shade. Free Samples and Shipping!
$57.00 | Blinds.com
Plein Air Countryside II Wall Art
$199.00 | FRONTGATE
Oversized 500 Thread Count All Season Down Blend Comforter
Overstock.com
"Frost on Sapphire" Paintings 2-Piece Set - BLUE/WHITE
$625.00 | Horchow
George Foreman GR10WSP1 Indoor Grill - 082846034371
$29.99 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™