What to plant behind Drift Roses along fence?

suz9601April 3, 2014

I am thinking of planting a row of drift roses along an 8ft section of my fence. Probably about 4 of them total. It is on the West side of the house and will get about 6 hours of Sun a day from 8 am to 2 pm. The bed is 4.5 feet deep. I am looking for something to plant behind some apricot or Coral drift roses. My fence is 5ft tall. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
boncrow66

I am fairly new to the forum but I have been looking at ways to add to my garden and I have noticed many people plant flowering vines behind their roses. I think maybe a short growing clematis would be pretty and give you some height behind the roses. It's a beautiful spot in your yard and I hope you post pics when you get it the way you want it. Good luck!

Bookmark   April 3, 2014 at 7:09PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
campv

Maybe a few white lady banks climbers on the fence behind if that is what you are looking for.
If it was really me I would plant some thing that got some what taller than 5 ft. I would not like to look at the house or deck behind me or for them (deck) to be looking into my back yard. Just saying.

Bookmark   April 3, 2014 at 8:23PM
More Discussions
Photos won't post
I was able to post a photo from my computer last week....
Patty W. zone 5a Illinois
Do growing conditions affect fragrance *types* in your experience
... I mean like making a clove-smelling rose smell...
laura242424
Can you please post pictures of your roses from chambleeroses
Can you please post pictures of your roses from chambleeroses...
bluehaven_gweb
Anyone grow Coretta Scott king?
I've always liked the look of this rose, but after...
SoFL Rose z10
Do you ever rearrange the rest of your life around roses?
Hi folks I obviously love growing and talking about...
nippstress - zone 5 Nebraska
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™