drill press

popcornhillMarch 4, 2010

Has anyone ever heard of a Amrox Drill Press. It is made in Taiwan. I have a 1981 model ad-12. Really heavy. Must have cost a ton to ship over here. I need some sort of owners or operators manual. Tks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
popcornhill

Never mind....found a manual from a northern tools drill press that is almost exact to mine. Well if this don't take the cake.....not only talking to myself, but answering my own post!

Bookmark   March 6, 2010 at 11:07PM
rustyj14(W/PA)

Gee, ya didn't even give us time to answer! Some of us have to work, or travel, or lolly-gag at the local watering hole!
My Brother in law bought one of those drill presses made in China. I tried to drill holes in a piece of 3/8 steel stock, and it almost foundered it!
Speaking of drill presses--i have one, in my garage out back of the house, that is probably a hundred years old! It has a big, round, spoked wheel on top of the main drill shaft, and a large hand-crank on one side, with the chuck being big enough to hold a large shanked drill bit. Came with my house when i bought it. Roof doesn't leak, so its still ok!

Bookmark   March 8, 2010 at 8:43PM
canguy(British Columbia)

Previous owner was likely scared of trying to move the monster. Those things are heavy.

Bookmark   March 8, 2010 at 9:39PM
popcornhill

Hello Rusty and Canguy....I don't do a lot of hole drillin. But I do not weld so I have to improvise sometimes when working on my garden tractor and implements. Or other little do dads around here. I bought my drill press off of craigslist and man it was shorenuf heavy to load by myself. If it ever falls on me the next hole drilled will be six feet down in the dirt!! First thing I did was to try and get some rust off of it. So naturally I unscrewed the return spring. Man that was a mistake. But finally, after several attempts I got it back on and working. Tks men and have a good day.......Dayton

Bookmark   March 9, 2010 at 11:11AM
ewalk

Rusty , the next thing your going to tell us is that the Truck your driving has Big Wooden Spoked Wheels Too ! lol .

Bookmark   March 11, 2010 at 5:04PM
More Discussions
IS it ME ? OR is this site/Forum Gone in hibernation?
This used to be such an informative and active site!!...
bertman_gw
Toro 826 Drive Belt Jumps Off Crankshaft Pulley
Hello, I have a nine year old Toro Powermax 826. Late...
ronpr2112
troy bilt horse question
Went to check the transmission fluid today and noticed...
snuffyinatl
Snow Thrower impeller
I have a Craftsman 9 hp dual stage snow thrower, that...
fjs001
Adjusting Carb on Toro S200 Snow Blower
I have a small 2 stroke Toro S200 Snow Blower that...
rgress
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™