Please help with Tips and downloading a Manual, Murray Select Rid

loger_gwMarch 14, 2013

Please help with Tips and downloading a Manual, Murray Select Ridding Mower.

1. Please share tips you know of related to this model or general for a beginner on a ridding mower.

2. A downloaded manual would be most helpful in up-keeps, sharpening and basic adjustments.

3. The owner is saying he has not found a manual to download. Do you know of one that will download?

4. Info engraved on the back has him questioning it being âÂÂA Recondition MowerâÂÂ. WhatâÂÂs your opinion?

5. What year model is the MFG # dictating? What info is the Mod # dictating, which is hard to find? I must say this is my first 11HP Briggs to notice.

6. Would this small mower tow a 14â Aluminum Boat, 70s 40 HP Eng & Trailer on a flat yard w/o damages?

Thanks In Advance!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chas045(7b)

I know that this isn't what you were looking for, but I couldn't even find this easily so perhaps these exploded views and parts lists would be of some use. I see that the first parts list says this is a 2001 model.

Here is a link that might be useful: exploded views

This post was edited by chas045 on Fri, Mar 15, 13 at 9:32

Bookmark   March 15, 2013 at 9:30AM
bill_kapaun

The engine CODE tells when it was built. If original, it'll probably be a "couple" months older than the mower.
YYMMDDzz

I would guess from the mower MFG. date, it was the 66th day of 01.

Bookmark   March 15, 2013 at 9:59AM
loger_gw

Thanks! chas045 and bill_kapaun. We have had a good quick challenge finding info on the 40.00 mower that seems worth the money. He rode it on the block before I followed him 4-6 blocks home. We found 1-2 manual series that we feel will be close enough info. The new owner wondered if the Mod # related to Major Customer (Home Depot, Craftsman, Etc) since it had a Customer ID #?

Most of all, we have not seen any real issues vs not getting into 5th full position and recommended method of blade sharpening. Such as: 1. Shift linkage coupling adjustment tips. 2. Can the blade be basically sharpened vs heavy grinding on the mower (tipped on side or Etc)?

Bookmark   March 15, 2013 at 11:43AM
More Discussions
2-cycle engine troubleshooting
My 2-cycle blower cannot be started. There is a hot...
slim50
Primer not getting Gas?? After Carb Rebuid?
I just rebuilt a couple snow blower Carbs (both Tecumseh...
bertman_gw
Have you successful cut any “seasoned firewood” inside?
Have you successful cut any “seasoned firewood”...
loger_gw
Toro 826 Drive Belt Jumps Off Crankshaft Pulley
Hello, I have a nine year old Toro Powermax 826. Late...
ronpr2112
Stihl vs. Husqvarna Chainsaw purchase
I am lucky enough to have my wife ask me to pick out...
virginiacowboy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™