Troy-bilt bronco tiller HELP!!!

luckymeucMarch 28, 2011

Major idiot alert here!!! I have had my dad's Troy-Bilt Bronco tiller (I hope he isn't on this forum) for the past year. He told me it had a small leak of the gear oil for the tiller. I checked what I thought what was where the gear oil went today (it looked very low) and filled it up with 90w gear oil. I fired it up and it ran like a scalded dog for aprox 8 seconds before filling my shed with white smoke and then stopped. I'm sure you have figured out by now that the gear oil was errouneously placed in the motor oil reservoir and all the way to the top for that matter. When try to restart it, i am unable to get any pull from the chord. Did I destroy the motor and is there anything I can do for it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I know I'm an idiot, so those comments really aren't necessary at this point.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luckymeuc

Oil was pouring out of the carburetor too. Any ideas what a repair like this would cost?

Bookmark   March 28, 2011 at 11:11PM
mla2ofus

I think you need to fess up to dad and let him handle it!!
Mike

Bookmark   March 29, 2011 at 11:07PM
gator_rider2(z8 Ga.)

Take plug out pull rope should blow oil out spark plug hole them pour small amount 2 tablespoons gas in sparkplug hole pull rope serval times blow gas oil out. Then install plug try crank engine if runs let run for 15 minutes so smoke oil from engine and muffler half throttle. Leave air filter off its no good oil to much oil. And correct oil level before start engine. If take spark plug out can't pull rope overhaul engine. You need new plug and air filter so test engine.

Bookmark   March 30, 2011 at 4:05AM
More Discussions
Craftsman Snowblower Recall
Did anyone else receive a recall notice in the mail...
pjrsjr
Tecumseh snow king fuel starvation?
My Tecumseh powered Toro snowblower hunts/surges and...
akachrisinmass
Craftsman Snow Blower - Drive problem
During our big storm last week i noticed I started...
rspin
Primer not getting Gas?? After Carb Rebuid?
I just rebuilt a couple snow blower Carbs (both Tecumseh...
bertman_gw
Troy Bilt Pony Tiller
I have a Troy Bilt Pony Tiller with a 5 HP Briggs and...
beeer_2008
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™