Metal Planters inside wall protection coating

jmmedeiros(z9USA,CALIFORNI)April 14, 2010

Hello members,

Recently I baught in an estate sale 2 large steel planters that I plan to use to grow herbs. I dumped the potting mix, scraped off lose rust scales, brushed with a steel brush and washed out the rust powder. I will sand the inside and wash again with a solvent. I would like to know where I can find a tar based coating so I can line the interior and make it impermeable to water.I appreciate info on stores where it is available,brand names and comercial names.Thank you for the info.JM

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Suggest start with Lowe's Home Improvement and search for "water coating." You will find roof and basement wall coatings which might do the job. Think also of coating the outside as well with a transparent substance.

    Bookmark   April 16, 2010 at 8:42AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Any owners of the Troy-bilt Cultivator Plus?
I bought this around 1984 and have never seen another...
Old Troybilt Tiller Engine Replacement
I need to replace the eninge on my Troybilt tiller...
good lopping shears???
Looking for a decent pair of lopping shears. Any suggestions? Thanks...
Waterproofing a basement
I get water in my basement just about every spring...
New Ryobi S430 engine dies on full throttle
Just bought a new Ryobi straight shaft 4 Cycle S430...
Sponsored Products
Majestic Planter - Small
9" Copper Bucket Planter - Antique Copper
Signature Hardware
Fern in Square Basket Christmas Decor
$149.00 | FRONTGATE
Boxwood Ball in Round Basket Christmas Decor
$349.00 | FRONTGATE
AFD Home Liberty Garland Urn
Beyond Stores
18" Hammered Copper Planter - Antique Copper
Signature Hardware
Hanging Basket 36" High Solar LED Planter Spotlight
$49.00 | Lamps Plus
Oval Galvanized Metal Planter Set
$29.99 | zulily
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™