Troy bilt tiller

johnjay88April 15, 2010

I recently purchased a Troybilt tiller it has no numbers other than the serial number which is 44663. it has a briggs motor 7 0r 8 hp what i would like to know is what year it was manufactured if anyone could help me with this it would be much appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
baymee(LehighValleyPA)

Troys were timeless, being identical over many year-periods. In the early 80s, the tiller became a multi-function machine with removable rear end. You'll see the Engage/Disengage lever for the PTO on the left side. Other than that, I don't know them apart.

You might get more useful information from the engine codes.

Bookmark   April 15, 2010 at 6:05AM
gator_rider2(z8 Ga.)

Your serial number to low for engine on machine 44663 would been made last 1972 but engine was only install many years later. So recheck serial number of machine there on transmission top right. There is possiblity some one changed engine if so year 1972.

Bookmark   April 15, 2010 at 10:07AM
johnjay88

This was the numbers from the top of the transmission , I figured the motor had been changed , is there anywhere i can get a manual for this tiller. Thanks again

Bookmark   April 15, 2010 at 11:06PM
gator_rider2(z8 Ga.)

You go to yahoo troy built group joint as memeber you download file for tiller manual. Are go mtd web site look for troy built tiller and enter your serial number and model numeber as 1. If can find book on ebay manual you be looking for second edition that one have up date parts to moditify like backup disc kits to rubber wheel. Files there troy built group yahoo dot com very helpful.

Bookmark   April 16, 2010 at 7:20AM
More Discussions
Troy Bilt Horse Drive Shaft Bearings
I took my horse apart because the front transmission...
gildomilo
Predator 212cc Engine, Harbor Freight FYI
Hi Folks, Been thinking of getting one of these for...
exmar
2-cycle engine troubleshooting
My 2-cycle blower cannot be started. There is a hot...
slim50
Poulan Pro rear tine tiller, burnt valve??
I have a 6.5 Intec Briggs on my tiller, which is 10...
slowpoke_gardener
Kohler K181 valve clearance
The engine would run perfect for maybe 30-45 minutes,...
snuffyinatl
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™